Official Review: My Grouch and Me by Kelly Clement

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Re: Official Review: My Grouch and Me by Kelly Clement

Post by AvidBibliophile »

raluca_mihaila wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 05:26 Controlling our inner dragon is something that we should all learn, sooner the better. What an expressive way to teach children about anger management and controlling your emotions! Thank you for your wonderful review!
Our hidden inner dragons can be emotionally expressive for sure!! We must learn to harness the volatility of our moods before they smother all the fun. Thank you for your sweet words of support! 💚
AvidBibliophile

cd20 wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 17:02 The title of this book caught my attention and the illustration made me think the book would be funny. I love when authors write a book that will be meaningful to a child, but also to the one reading to the child! It is such a clever trick and I think we all need all the help we can get to tame our "grouch!"
I wholeheartedly agree with your offered points!! This one is relatable and entertaining for readers of all ages. The illustrations are cute AND authentically angry, and we can all use a new approach sometimes. Those gosh darn grouches, lurking around every corner! 🌿🐲
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

I think this is an excellent book for kids! Your summary makes it sound like it was well done and I love the illustration on the cover! Thank you for your thoughtful and well-written review!
AvidBibliophile

Marcel Cantu wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 07:08 I think this is an excellent book for kids! Your summary makes it sound like it was well done and I love the illustration on the cover! Thank you for your thoughtful and well-written review!
It was a delightful little book! The fierce but darling dragon made me want to keep flipping the pages, and the little boy had a relatable personality. I hope several young readers get the opportunity to check this one out! Thank you for your kind words. 💚

Return to “Children's Books”