Official Review: Playful Princess Panda by Fabiola Miller

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Official Review: Playful Princess Panda by Fabiola Miller

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Playful Princess Panda" by Fabiola Miller.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Children should be taught from an early age about the importance of kindness and cordiality. Also, children can easily be taught about the essential values of life through interesting and fun stories. Playful Princess Panda: And Her Kingdom by Fabiola Miller is a children’s book that follows two different princesses and the ways they treat the inhabitants of their kingdoms.

Playful Princess Panda is the main character of this story and is portrayed as a fun, silly, and positive princess loved by everyone in the kingdom. She is known for her kindness and thoughtfulness. She always helps everyone when they ask her for advice and maintains peace in the kingdom. However, in a faraway land lives her evil half-sister, Sassy Sasha, who is jealous of her and her good relations with the inhabitants of the kingdom. One night, she sneaks into the castle and takes away the powers of her good half-sister with a magic wand. The reader further learns what happens in the kingdom when Playful Princess Panda can no longer help people with her kindness, consideration, and benevolence.

I really like the illustrations in the book because they are hand-drawn. In addition, they are very colorful and vibrant. I also really like the way the author conveys messages about the importance of kindness and the consequences of malice. In this way, children can easily learn about the essential values of life. I also really like that all the characters are portrayed as dogs, and I think that such personification will further stimulate children’s attention.

Since the colors of the illustrations are striking and bright, the text should not have been displayed over them. Also, some pages are missing part of the text in the Kindle version of the book, and it looks as if the text has been cut off. In addition, I find that the book lacks originality. Evil half-sisters have already been seen many times in children’s literature.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I think the author could have added more interesting and unusual characters. Also, the balance between text and illustrations is not well executed. I also came across some grammatical errors. I would recommend this book to parents of young children because I think this book can be a good way to teach them about kindness and other life values.

Playful Princess Panda
View: on Bookshelves
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

A clear and candid review. I would love to check it myself.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

Sounds like a good lesson for kids to learn. It’s so important to learn about kindness , but also that there will be people who are jealous of that and how to deal with it. Thanks for the great review
Athira MG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athira-mg.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Athira MG »

A simple and honest review is often what young children need. This is just that. Well written review.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Kindness, consideration, thoughtfulness, and benevolence are all important traits to possess, but they must be loads of extra fun when portrayed by a posh princess dog! What a fun puppy premise. 🐶
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

A book that teaches kindness and cordiality sounds great. I agree, the text should not be on the bright illustrations. Thank you for a great review!
Krishnajee100
Favorite Book: THE STORY OF MY LIFE
Currently Reading: art of war
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krishnajee100.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Krishnajee100 »

Thanks for this honest and nice review :). This book sounds good for children's storytime.
Sarah Apio
Currently Reading: Playful Princess Panda
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Sarah Apio »

Great review! I love the book for it teaches children all the good manners.
Muskan vikas 19
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Muskan vikas 19 »

A good review, This is what a child need always....

Return to “Children's Books”