Official Review: The Bird Ride by Wade W. Bergner

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shireen Ubaid
Favorite Book: Crescendo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shireen-ubaid.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Re: Official Review: The Bird Ride by Wade W. Bergner

Post by Shireen Ubaid »

It would be really delightful for a child to read such books where the protagonist does things, which the children might have fantasised about. With great moral and illustrations, the book seems enlightening as well. Thank you for the great review.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

this book has a plot and storyline that feels fresh and interesting. I’ll be adding this one to my book shelf. i don’t mind learning more about the boy and his bird friend
Mary Rose Cajayon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-rose-cajayon.html
Latest Review: 17 Laws of Nature by Maurice Huff

Post by Mary Rose Cajayon »

This is an awesome book! The author has created an avian friend to be a companion of the main character as he discovers important lessons in life! I like the gratitude rock given by his father to remind him of being thankful and the spiritual enlightenment as one of the great lessons learned! Colorful illustrations are also remarkable because young readers are easily attracted to visual arts and illustrations! Congrats BOTD!
Uchechukwu Okereke
Currently Reading: The Aftermath Of The King
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Uchechukwu Okereke »

It's not often we see books that teach children the pitfalls of growing older and try to instill in them, the road guide to navigate them. I am really impressed with the lessons Wade Bergner left within the book like: mindfulness; always having a positive attitude, a strong self worth and even conscious awareness and I would love to see more books like this. The mementos young Wade kept on his life journey are also instrumental lessons to pass on to budding children and I would love to see the book for itself to fully appreciate its worth. What a great review!
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

What an inspirational book for children! This book
of adventures would help children learn several vital lessons. It is also important that children are taught to self reflect and understand their emotional needs early. Plus I love the cover illustration!
Katso Puku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Katso Puku »

Its good to know that the book is more educational about life than just for enjoyment. I believe its best to start when they are young to teach them about life and the good things about it so they grow up positively. The author did a good job and thank you for the review it was good
intotheworldofbooks
Currently Reading: Striking It Rich
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-intotheworldofbooks.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak

Post by intotheworldofbooks »

Who would not read the book when our main character's nickname is Kid Rock?
I believe this book will be good to be read out to children
Thank you for the review.
Mercy Bolo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-bolo.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mercy Bolo »

A boy named Wade embarks on a mysterious and life-changing adventure. He gets shrunk to a miniature size that would allow him to fit on the shoulders of a bird, then he's flown above his hometown. The unique perspective gives him an insight into people's lives and he learns valuable life lessons.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

When a little boy named Wade receives a surprise visit from a backyard bird, he is taken on an unforgettable flight through the skies above his town. I would like to read this book. Congratulations on BOTD!
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

Parents who would like to take their children on a spiritual and enlightened journey will find this book helpful. I appreciate the discussion questions at the end, which provide the opportunity to really drive the important concepts home. Congrats on the BOTD selection!
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

I thought that spiritual enlightenment is for adults only, but the author made it real in this children's book. I love that. The illustrations are amazing.
SavvyWriter36
Currently Reading: Health tips, tricks and myths
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savvywriter36.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by SavvyWriter36 »

Spiritual enlightenment? For a children's book? I'm skeptical. However, I appreciate a book that teaches children to be self-aware. It will definitely help them to spot dysfunctional behaviour in themselves and others. I look forward to reading it.
Chibuzor Barnabas
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chibuzor Barnabas »

This book teaches us to have soaring quest of spiritual enlightenment. Deep breathing, mindfulness, unconditional love, and conscious awareness all come into play as the story unfolds :tiphat:
Amina Yusuf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amina-yusuf.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt
Reading Device: B07PQLY49F

Post by Amina Yusuf »

Being gratitude is an important aspect of our daily lives. This book has so much lessons to teach both children and adults reading to them. The illustrations are always fun to look at. The Bird Ride sounds like an amazing place to be.
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

A "children’s book about a soaring quest of spiritual enlightenment" sounds like a great read for young readers. I like that its cover art and illustrations are visually captivating. However, I'm not a fan of children's books. Otherwise, congrats on the BOTD!
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison

Return to “Children's Books”