Official Review: Toothy Joins the Gang by Peyton Tobler

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Toothy Joins the Gang by Peyton Tobler

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Toothy Joins the Gang" by Peyton Tobler.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toothy Joins the Gang is a children's book written by Peyton Tobler. The book is written in the first person and is a story about a shark born with differences.

Toothy is a shark who is born with just one tooth. His friends humiliate him and eat all his food. He feels rejected, sad, and hungry. As destiny might have it, he is rescued by some divers who take him to an aquarium. The aquarium takes care of Toothy and feeds him well. He makes friends with the other animals there and has a wonderful life.

What I liked most about the book is that it conveys the message of empathy and acceptance in a fun way. The book not only encourages children to accept the difference in them, but it also promotes being empathetic towards others. The author has used animals in the story that is a great way to get children's attention. In the story, Toothy overcame his insecurities and helped other animals look at the brighter side of life. The book also shows us that the world is filled with all kinds of people. Few of them might be insensitive and condescending, but we must always keep in mind that many of them are kind and friendly. We should stay optimistic and not let anyone patronize us.

There is nothing that I dislike about this book. It is a remarkable attempt at teaching young children about empathy and compassion. The look and find activity on the last page is an excellent way to end the book.

This book is well-written and exceptionally edited. The illustrations are beautiful and complement the story. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it for children ages 3-6years. The book can also be read aloud to younger children. Children who like dogs and sea animals will especially enjoy the story and the colorful illustrations.

Toothy Joins the Gang
View: on Bookshelves | on iTunes
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

I enjoy reading your review.
I am an avid reader of Children's books, so I will add this book to my collection.
Definitely worth recommending for kids.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

It sounds like Toothy had a rough start to life. Being a shark with only one tooth would certainly attract ridicule from other aggressive sharks in the sea. 🦈 I’m glad he was able to find rehabilitation through a nearby aquarium. Thanks for your review!
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

This sounds like a fun little book. I really appreciate that it ends with an activity. Thanks for your review.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

Your review reminds me of the book "Freddy's Gift" by Jennifer Tremblay. It was a great children's book about friendship and learning that the things that make us different are often our strengths. Thank you for a great review!
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
komal_0055
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by komal_0055 »

Your book remind me that you don't need to change urself so that people like just be yourself & enjoy ....don't feel bad be you whatever you are ....
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It's great that the book teaches children important life lessons. Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Children's Books”