Official Review: Jerry Giraffe Gets Fat by Dennis A Crumrin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: Jerry Giraffe Gets Fat by Dennis A Crumrin

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Jerry Giraffe Gets Fat" by Dennis A Crumrin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jerry Giraffe Gets Fat by Dennis A Crumrin is a children’s book that teaches children moral principles that can guide them on their journey to becoming future polite and well-behaved citizens. Even though the story is short, it is not lacking in creativity, while the author’s direct and simple style makes it more interesting and engaging.

The writer begins by describing a beautiful zoo called Zion Zoo, where Mr. Dennis was the head zookeeper and Kaylin and Ashton were the assistant zookeepers. The zookeepers take good care of the animals, ensuring that they have enough to eat. For instance, Marvin Monkey is always satisfied with the bananas he gets, while Clyde the camel never lacks enough hay. One day, Mr. Dennis noticed that Zany Zebra was too thin and Jerry Giraffe was a little fatter. This is peculiar, as both animals had received the correct amount of food from the assistant zookeepers.

There were was nothing that I disliked about this book, as I found it contained many high-quality features. Firstly, the book was professionally illustrated since the drawings in the story were realistic and colorful. Furthermore, no errors were present in the text, which showed that the book was exceptionally edited. Moreover, the writer creates a friendly and happy atmosphere in the story by using animals to personify human behaviors. What I liked most about this book was that it taught positive values to children, thereby showing them that they must be kind, grateful, and just.

This story is best suited to young readers who like animal stories and enjoy visiting places like the zoo. Teachers and parents may use this book to teach their students or their children some basic moral values.

In summary, this book has to receive 4 out of 4 stars. This is because it is faultlessly edited, beautifully illustrated, and engaging.

Jerry Giraffe Gets Fat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

I love animals , reading children's book with colourful pictures on it, so I'm getting all in one in this one book. I'm sure, I'm gonna pick this book soon. I'm pretty excited to give this book a try as I want to know, why Jerry Giraffe gets fatter and Zany Zebra gets thin. Thank you for your beautiful review.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

The review of this book is exceptional. It gives a clear indication what what to expect of the book. As an Early Childhood Educator I can say that I would have this book in my library for the children based on this review. I am looking forward to reading it and finding out why Jerry Giraffe is getting fat.
Rehab Shaban
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rehab Shaban »

I'm in love with reading children's book.
I will read this book to my children cause it's rich in morals .
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

The sounds like a neat story for children. I teach middle school now, but I used to teach younger children and I was always looking for new and different books.

Return to “Children's Books”