Official Review: My Best Friend,Mo by Suzanne M.Turner

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Official Review: My Best Friend,Mo by Suzanne M.Turner

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Best Friend,Mo" by Suzanne M.Turner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many would say that a dog is a man's best friend. Life with a dog is truly special, and the love that dogs give to their owners is immeasurable. In addition, children have an even more special connection with dogs, which can be seen in this book. My Best Friend, Mo! by Suzanne M. Turner is a children's book that shows how important a dog can be in a child's life.

The book follows Stevie and his dog, Mo, who was adopted from the shelter by Stevie and his family. Mo and Stevie spend almost every moment together. They eat together, play together, and watch television together. Mo is very attached to Stevie and is waiting for him to come back from school every day. Also, he always follows him wherever he goes. In addition, Mo has a lot of other canine friends with whom he also plays. The whole book is illustrated, and readers can follow Stevie's and Mo's daily activities through pictures as well.

What I like most about this book is the message that is conveyed, and that is the importance of adopting dogs from shelters. Also, I like the friendship and love between Stevie and Mo. Furthermore, the illustrations perfectly depict every situation in the book, and I think this is very important given that the book is intended for young children. In addition, the illustrations are very vibrant, colorful, and unique, and it looks like they were drawn with crayons.

There is nothing in the book that I do not like. My Best Friend, Mo! is an ideal picture book for all children, especially those children who have their own dogs. The book teaches the importance of treating animals well and shows how living with a canine friend can be joyful and fun. In addition, the book seems to be exceptionally well edited because I did not encounter any grammatical errors.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Every aspect of the book is excellent, and I have no complaints. This book would be ideal for children going to kindergarten and lower elementary school students. I would also recommend it to everyone else who loves fun picture books about animals.

My Best Friend,Mo
View: on Bookshelves
Bridgenah
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bridgenah »

I really love how the writer describes the love an animal and child can share.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

Lovely cover that surely did not escape my sight!
Reading books about pets is a very relaxing activity.
If my cat could read, I'd recommend it to her. haha
Thank you for the review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
jijo pharxad
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jijo pharxad »

what a nice story it is,l just pictured how l used to play with my dog.
Elizabeth Otieno 1
Currently Reading: The Hummingbird and the Bear
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Elizabeth Otieno 1 »

I like how educative that story is especially how to care for pets or dogs. It is a good book for the young kids because they get to learn alot at that age. Thanks to the review.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

I love dogs or I can say I love animals. I'm sure it will be good read for me as the story sounds sweet and interesting. I too love to play with my dogs. Thank you for your beautifully written review.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I love how this book tries to convey such an important yet often overlooked message. The bonding between a child and his dog is indeed a special one, without any complexities. Awesome book, and equally awesome review.

Return to “Children's Books”