Review of The Amazing Bees

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of The Amazing Bees

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Amazing Bees" by yoel silber.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

NOTE: THIS IS A RE-REVIEW, SO YOU SHOULD NOT MARK IT AS PLAGIARIZED IF YOU FIND THAT IT ALMOST MATCHES EXACTLY ANOTHER REVIEW OF THE SAME BOOK

The Amazing Bees by Yoel Silber is a children's book about a colony of bees that fights for survival. Through this book, the author exposes the consequences of human actions on the environment, such as global warming. The writer's tone is positive and informal, making this book ideal for young kids.

The writer begins by introducing the royal family of a beehive. The family includes King Buzz, Queen Bee, Princess Debbee, and Prince Bob Bee. Princess Debbee and Prince Bob Bee are still young and they are being educated at the bee school. Princess Debbee is fascinated by the process of pollination, as she learns that she has two stomachs that that can store nectar from flowers, which then makes honey. Queen Bee receives some awful news, as not enough honey is being produced by the hive because the temperature during the day is too hor for bees to pollinate flowers. Therefore, the hive is in danger of closing down.

There were many awesome features in this book. To begin with, the writer used figures of speech, such as personification, metaphors, and dialogue to make the text much more vivid and engaging. Moreover, the writer's narration of the story was authentic and original, while the simple language used by the author allows children to understand the text. Furthermore, the drawings and illustrations in the book elevated its status, as they added interest and liveliness to it. The text was also professionally edited since I only picked up three grammar mistakes in it. What I liked most about this book was that it had several cliffhangers and plot twists, which will grasp a young reader's attention.

This book will be liked mostly by kids who like stories about animals and nature. Girls may enjoy the story more since the protagonist in the story is a princess.

All in all, this book deserves a score of 4 out of 4 stars. This is because it was original, engaging, beautifully illustrated, and professionally edited.

The Amazing Bees
View: on Bookshelves
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

The cover and title caught my attention first.
Lovely character names. They're punny!
Thank you for providing another round of review for this book.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Prarthana das
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Prarthana das »

The story is so interesting and exciting to read also i love fiction so according to this once could definitely go for this the amazing bees is the amazing book too
Floramay Espino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Floramay Espino »

I do really amazed by the title. This fiction story are good for children. Great review.
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

What a beautiful book! Bees are extremely important for our planet and children should be taught to respect them for their work. Thank you for letting me know about this one! Great review!
safaa om anas
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by safaa om anas »

Colonial bees are bees of great blessing to everyone. One of the most important things in our lives is bees. Through them we find useful and healthy honey. It is a beautiful thing :techie-studyingbrown:
sunny4life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunny4life.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by sunny4life »

Lovely review. It's detailed just enough information to give you an overview without giving away too much of the story. I also like that the book introduces the causal effects of human activities to kids at a young age in a way that will be appealing to them.
FEislandqueen13
Currently Reading: The 19th Bladesman
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feislandqueen13.html
Latest Review: Doomsday by R. L. Gemmill

Post by FEislandqueen13 »

Nice review. The cover design really brought me here.
Think before you speak. Read before you think.” – Fran Lebowitz
:eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think:
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

This sounds like an educational and fun read for children. I can see it being used in science classes to teach about pollination. Thank you for an informative review.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
jijo pharxad
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jijo pharxad »

The story is very good because it is educational,it teaches us that bees don't search for nectar during hot seasons.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

A book about bees and their importance. That's so sweet and children would learn so much about bees. Thank you for a great review!
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

The way the bees are represented as a family is so charming, and the illustrations add even more value to the book. The language used is very simple and fun, and the message conveyed about the importance of bees is beautiful. Amazing book, and equally amazing review.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

🐝 'The Amazing Bees' by Yoel Silber is a delightful tale that brings the buzz on environmental awareness to the little ones. With its royal bee family and a storyline rich in lessons on nature's delicate balance, it's a sweet read for kids interested in animals and the world around them. Congratulations on being BOTD!
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Helena Kas
Currently Reading: Lady Chatterley's Lover

Post by Helena Kas »

Although childrens's books are not my biggest preference, this one caught my eye. Yoel's The Amazing Bees follows the life of a colony of bees that fights for survival, without hiding the consequences of human actions on the environment• especially global warming, which causes malfunctioning in honey production.

Easy to read, with likeable characters, and surprisingly a lot of plot twists which will make it into an intense experience for our child friends. Good job!
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

This book is fascinating! I love it when authors enhance the literary elements and make them exciting rather than having them be boring concepts you learn in English class. Cliffhangers and plot twists are always a plus! Thank you for writing an insightful and captivating review, Nickolas!
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Return to “Children's Books”