Review of The Strong Tree (paperback)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 510
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Review of The Strong Tree (paperback)

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Strong Tree (paperback)" by Liz Cavanaugh.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many times in life, people assume that only adults can be stressed or upset about things that happen around them. With the ease of availability to technology and lots of schoolwork to complete each week, children have stress and worry that their parents did not have to go through. The Strong Tree, written by Liz Cavanaugh, is a children’s book designed to give kids hope, encouragement, and life advice using the analogy of a tree. Kids will learn how to make their tree strong and keep it that way for the long run.

The watercolor pictures were beautiful. I loved seeing at least one after each page; this will easily entice this book’s intended audience to keep reading. I cannot tell if they are painted by hand or created digitally, but this did not affect my enjoyment of the pictures. The pictures were bright and cheery, which works well with the message the author gives to her readers.

Another enjoyable aspect is the level of interaction that the author provides. She highly encourages readers to use their imagination to create their own tree. This level of interaction was great because when I was reading the advice and tips, I was able to think about how to use them in a way that fit me. Even adults can use the advice in this book to live a happier and more fulfilling life.

I found nothing to dislike about this title at all. Everything the author discussed is written and explained well. If there is one thing that I had to mention, it would be the font choice. I did have a hard time reading some of the words, as they appeared to collide with each other. However, I believe that this is just a personal preference. If a reader has difficulty reading some font styles, they may want to research or sample this book to see if they can read it.

Based on the items discussed, I see no reason to rate The Strong Tree anything less than a perfect four out of four stars. It is flawlessly edited, as I didn’t encounter a single grammatical error in any part of the book. I recommend this book to children aged four to nine, with an adult helping the younger side of the audience with reading. Everyone can use positivity in their lives, and this book does an excellent job of providing some.

The Strong Tree (paperback)
View: on Bookshelves
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

I still love reading children's book, even though I'm adult now. I loved how author highly encourages readers to use our own imagination to create our own tree. I love pictures books too and I'm excited to know, what's author advice and tips. Thank you for your beautifully written review.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

I already love this book. The stress children go through is usually abysmally underrated. Very few parents understand and recognise this. This book is a massive encouragement to children and young adults all over the world. It tells them their sufferings are recognised, and their strength applauded. Great review.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

Urvashi Tripathi wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 03:19 I still love reading children's book, even though I'm adult now.
Same! I look forward to reading all the children's books featured here.
I was too excited to get a digital sample from Amazon until I realized it's only paperback (just like the title says). :cry:

-
Lovely review, indeed. This sounds like a breathtaking colorful book I will recommend to kids.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

This is a great review because of it I would have it in my collection for reading in the child care setting. I love how it hits on how even children feel stressed in everyday life.
jrspot
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jrspot »

I loved how author highly encourages readers to use our own imagination to create our own tree. I love pictures books too and I'm excited to know, what's author advice and tips. This author is said that we all to be strong and bold.Thank you for your beautifully written review.
Last edited by jrspot on 29 Jun 2021, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
Edr
Favorite Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edr.html
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller
fav_author_id: 2366

Post by Edr »

Adults tend to diminish children's problems. Beautiful message to encourage kids. After reading this review I would be delighted to enjoy the story and the pictures, adults can also love children's books.
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

"The Strong Tree, written by Liz Cavanaugh, is a children’s book designed to give kids hope, encouragement, and life advice using the analogy of a tree. Kids will learn how to make their tree strong and keep it that way for the long run." I'm unaware about the analogy of a tree or what it means. I guess I should read this one myself. The illustrations would make it a fast and appreciable read for me. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Children's Books”