Review of Welcome to Aniyah's World

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Welcome to Aniyah's World

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Welcome to Aniyah's World" by Aniyah Cotton and Brenda Moore-Jones.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Welcome to Aniyah's World by Aniyah Cotton and Brenda-Moore Jones is a children's book about the young author's accomplishments and her experiences. The writer, Aniyah Cotton, is a nine-year-old girl, and she describes her life, her hobbies, and her family.

The author begins by introducing herself as a young girl who loves gymnastics, and she is thinking of becoming a gymnast, a teacher, a doctor, a model, or even maybe an actress. She continues by remembering how she amazed her instructor with her acting and dancing skills when she was five years of age. The author has an older brother, who is eleven years of age, while her sister is five years old. Her grandmother often takes care of them, and she gives the author words of wisdom for her life. The writer also says how she likes helping teachers out with her classmates.

This book was enjoyable and fun to read. I liked the fact that I only noticed a few errors in the book, showing that it was professionally edited. Moreover, I appreciated the author's original and unique style, which made her story more engaging and interesting. What I liked most about the text was that the writer displayed a lot of maturity for her age, sharing wise advice she heard from her grandmother that can prove useful to other children of her age.

What I disliked most about this book was that the text was slightly monotonous and boring in some parts, as the author frequently repeated herself.

This book will be mostly liked by young girls who like acting and gymnastics. Girls will relate to the story more than boys because the author writes from a woman’s perspective. Christians may appreciate this book more since it is full of Biblical verses.

In conclusion, I rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give it the best possible score because it was slightly monotonous. I could not give it a lower score since it was professionally edited, originally written, and contained profound advice.

Welcome to Aniyah's World
View: on Bookshelves
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

It's great to know that author is only 9 year old and a whole book about herself. When I was young I was just like Aniyah, wants to pursue so many things in one single life. This would be interesting read for me. Thank you for the amazing review.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

The idea that the author is a young person who then can relate better to their audience of readers. To me this book is inspirational to others of the same age. Thanks for the great review

Return to “Children's Books”