Review of Five Mile Charlie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithy_Goody_Star
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Autism: One Grandparent's Roadmap by Geoffrey Robinson

Review of Five Mile Charlie

Post by Faithy_Goody_Star »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Five Mile Charlie" by Kimberly Adams.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The saying, “humans are insatiable” also applies to children. People, including me, don’t usually mean this negatively. It just means that as humans, no matter how much we ask or work for and eventually get, another need always comes up, and that’s perfectly okay. This was one thing that popped up in my head as I was reading Five Mile Charlie by Kimberly Adams.

The book is a children’s book that tells a short story about Carly. She is a little girl who lives in a serene environment and has animals of different natures as pets. She, however, desires a particular animal that isn’t present in her life, and she determines to acquire it. A Queen bee who’s known to make wishes come true may play a role in actualising Carly’s wish. What other steps will Carly take? Will her wish come to pass?

If fascinating had a name, it would be the illustrations in this book. Illustrations are elements that have to be present in a book like this. The author did well by employing the services of an excellent illustrator to make this book pleasing to kids.

The book is information-packed for kids, and if it’s read by any, it will be a great knowledge to such a child. This is so because the author mentioned some names, breeds, and qualities of animals. Furthermore, children may develop a love for pets as they come across them. They could also learn about workable approaches or principles one could take to achieve what they want.

In the first few pages, I had a little difficulty figuring out the exact pattern to read this book. Perhaps, it was this way because it is in a pdf format and it had no page number. Regardless, I believe the author should arrange this book in the easiest way possible for the benefit of kids who might read this book themselves.

Considering that I have no substantial grouse about the book and it was exceptionally edited, as I found no errors, I will give it a rating of four out of four stars.

Children between the ages of 3 and 8 will appreciate this book, and I recommend it to them. For those parents that read out loud to their kids, this book is the right one for them.

Five Mile Charlie
View: on Bookshelves
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

Thanks for the review. This sounds like a book for animal lovers for sure! I like that the author included information to teach the children about the animals in the story, not just basic knowledge facts.
Thabo Sibanda 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thabo-sibanda-1.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Post by Thabo Sibanda 1 »

I like the fact that the book will foster an appreciation of animals onto the little ones. Good review!
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

I think I'd like to see the illustrations filled throughout the book. The way you describe it, children would fall in love with this book on account of them. Nice review.

Return to “Children's Books”