Review of Mister Pushkin Turns Over A New Leaf

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Review of Mister Pushkin Turns Over A New Leaf

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mister Pushkin Turns Over A New Leaf" by AC Michael.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mister Pushkin Turns Over a New Leaf: 12 Autumnal Tales by AC Michael is the second book in the series. Mister Pushkin is back and getting into trouble more than ever. Once again, we get to join Mister Pushkin on his crazy adventures as he tries to navigate through the human world and achieve his ultimate goal of escaping Klem's leash. In this book, Mister Pushkin saves a cat from getting crushed by a bin lorry, he attends the Autumn Cat Show for a second time, and he gets ready for a Halloween party. These are just some of the fun things he gets up to.

If you’re looking for a funny book that will have you laughing for ages, then this is the one for you. I had reviewed book one in this series and I absolutely loved it. So, as you can imagine, I had high hopes going into this one. I can happily say I was not disappointed.

I love the concept of the book. It’s interesting to see the world from a cat's point of view. Out of all the characters, Mister Pushkin has to be my favourite. He’s a funny, charming, naughty cat. Despite being naughty, I love that he is willing to put his life in danger to help out other animals.

The book contains 12 new tales and I loved all of them. My favourite tale was tale 17, I don’t want to spoil it here but just know that the ending was hilarious. I found that when I finished reading one chapter, I was compelled to read the next. Despite all the chapters being a different story on their own, the whole book still flowed smoothly.

There was nothing that I disliked about the book. My only issue with the book is that it ended quickly. Even though this is the second book in the series, it can be read as a standalone. I can’t wait to start reading book three and see what other things Mister Pushkin gets up to.

Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was an incredible read. I loved every part of it and I wouldn’t change anything. I didn’t find any mistakes, so it is professionally edited. I highly recommend this book to children between the ages of 7-13. If you’re a cat lover, then you’ll also enjoy this book.

Mister Pushkin Turns Over A New Leaf
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

In this book, we get to join Mister Pushkin on his crazy adventures as he tries to navigate through the human world and achieve his ultimate goal of escaping Klem's leash. I hope I enjoy it as much as you did. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Children's Books”