Review of The Dwaynedeer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review of The Dwaynedeer

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Dwaynedeer" by Clare Howse.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many would say that Christmas time is the most beautiful time of the year. It is a time of joy, friendship, celebration, and love. Just as people look forward to Christmas, so do many pets. The Dwaynedeer by Clare Howse is a children’s book that depicts the charms of Christmas from the perspective of a tortoise.

Dwayne is a tortoise who lives with his owners and three cats. He hibernates every year during Christmas, but this year he decides to stay awake. Since cats have told him many exciting things about Christmas, Dwayne also wants to experience all the Christmas charms. The reader further learns what plan was devised to make this Christmas unique and interesting, especially for Dwayne, to whom this is the first Christmas during which he is awake.

The Dwaynedeer is a very magical and entertaining Christmas picture book. I really like the poetic way the story is written. Almost every verse ends with a rhyme. I also like that the main character is a tortoise, which is unusual but unique, especially with a Christmas theme. Moreover, the author sends a message that everyone can enjoy the magic of Christmas and that no one should be left out. In addition, the illustrations are very colorful, vibrant, and lively. I can even say that they lift the mood with their bright colors and with a Christmas atmosphere that is perfectly depicted.

I enjoyed the story from start to finish, and I have nothing negative to say about it. The Dwaynedeer is the perfect Christmas children’s picture book that will appeal to both children and adult lovers of the most wonderful time of the year. In addition, I did not come across any grammatical errors in the book, and I can conclude that it is exceptionally well edited.

I am happy to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Since I liked the book and have no complaints, I have no reason to give it a lower rating. I would recommend it to all lovers of Christmas-themed books. I think the book would be ideal for kindergarten-age children, and I believe it would be a perfect Christmas gift for all book lovers.

The Dwaynedeer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

This is such a cute book. I love books that focus on a different perspective on celebrating a holiday. It teaches children that how they celebrate is perfectly fine. Thanks for the great review.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Beautiful review. I find a book with good illustrations attractive and you also mentioned that it had no errors. I have a little nephew that is absolutely Christmas crazy and also loves stories with animals, so I think this will be great for him. Thank you.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

My little niece will love this book. I'm getting for her ASAP. Awesome review.
Uzzy_Reviews
Precious DA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-da.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Precious DA »

Interesting review! Seems like a book any child would enjoy especially with the illustrations and fantasy.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

The concept of a pet tortoise living with 3 pet cats is quite unique and charming. The illustrations add even more to the charm of the book, making it a fantastic read for children. The way the author has written the book, in a poetic way, is really appealing. Overall, a wonderful read, and an equally wonderful review.
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

Nice review. I think this book would be a lovely present for my little niece this Christmas.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

I am here creating images in my mind of how tortoise felt about Christmas. Looks funny and interesting. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Children's Books”