Review of Did you know

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ruth Naomi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-naomi.html
Latest Review: Peace in the Abyss by Tayo Emmanuel

Review of Did you know

Post by Ruth Naomi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Did you know" by Ashok Bhaskaran.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Did you know is written by Ashok Bhaskaran and illustrated by Elena Sidenova. The book is narrated by Jason, a nine-year-old boy, who gives facts about diverse disciplines in life. Did you know the first tablet was made more than 3,000 years ago? Well, I didn't know so until little Jason enlightened me. Seize a copy to find out more facts.

When I started reading the book, I didn't know the nine-year-old Jason would impart knowledge to me. Well, he did add me immense information ranging from history to technology. That's one thing I appreciated most about the book. Another thing, some facts had me questioning my intelligence in some specialization. At some point, I consulted Google before I continued reading the book, only to find answers in the subsequent pages. "How could a nine-year-old boy know so much," I wondered as I burst out into laughter.

Moreover, there's diversity in the story. Jason has a friend in Kenya, and his gaming buddies are in Singapore and India. One thing challenged me: decades ago, human beings contemplated landing on the moon until Neil Armstrong landed in 1969. Jason asks, "Now we are writing stories about reaching the stars in other galaxies. How long before we reach another star?"

Some humanitarian talks in the story evoked emotions in me. The talks involved the environment and how we humans are polluting it daily. Animals, plants, and mostly we humans end up getting hurt by the pollution.

There were no grammatical errors; hence, the book is well edited. The narrator, Jason, was wise for his age, and this will pose a challenge to children while encouraging them to read more publications to be as knowledgeable as Jason. There was nothing not to like in the book. Therefore, I rate it four out of four stars. This book will be a valuable asset for children between the ages of 4 and 10 years.

Did you know
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

A boy of nine years old having such incredible knowledge is amazing. I must also admit that your review is highly engaging. Well done!
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

Sometimes we learn the greatest things in life from unexpected people,it’s wonderful and amazing for a nine year old boy,beautiful review.
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

I was amazed at reading your review that such a young boy would know so much information. Loved your review!
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

This can be an educational and enjoyable book. Kids love to gain new knowledge in the form of stories. Thanks for the great review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting, informative and inspirational children's book highlighting facts about diverse disciplines in life. The book is free on Kindle Unlimited and has an inciteful well-written OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD selection.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I love the diversity and knowledge this book provides. It seems that Jason could teach us all something. Great job with the review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Prince Ekeoma
Currently Reading: The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Prince Ekeoma »

"Did you know" by Ashok Bhaskaran. A very interesting story book, talks about a nine years old little intelligent Jason. Jason has little has he was, could impact knowledge and his good in researching most especially with the modern technology. Congrats on BOTD.
Mathurambiga Maniom
Favorite Book: Shiver
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mathurambiga-maniom.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mathurambiga Maniom »

It is fascinating that a 9-year-old boy have so much of general knowledge about not only a country but all around the world and conveys them to the readers! This book is worth the read as well as it will definitely fulfill our time. Everyone can read this book but it is highly suggestable to children as they really need to be exposed to how the world works. Thank you for the amazing review!
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

Jason is a child who creates curiosity in every child and adult. Though a children's book the history of things portrayed is educative to the adults especially the actual dates for example when man landed on the moon. The book cover creates more curiosity as the child's world view is widened in the different environments. Congrats to BOTD.
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

This seems like a book that will be appreciated by both children and adults. I myself enjoy trivia, and this book looks like it's full of knowledge that's good to know. thanks for your review.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

What a great way to teach children about our world. Thank you for a lovely review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I enjoy reading children's books , but I'm not sure if I'll be into informative books. I'll have to give it a try and see. It will definitely help increase my knowledge. Thank you for the wonderful review!
manasidubey_147
Currently Reading: Sandcastles
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manasidubey-147.html
Latest Review: The Darkest Gift - Revised edition by Len Handeland

Post by manasidubey_147 »

I would very much like to read this book as I am also reading regularly about the climate crisis right now so it would be interesting to read what are the thoughts of the writer on this topic. it looks like a really engaging book.
Petronila O
Favorite Book: Annihilation
Currently Reading: Free Fish Friday
Bookshelf Size: 556

Post by Petronila O »

So awesome at 9yo with a brilliant knowledge i enjoyed reading this book and will always recommend it

Return to “Children's Books”