Review of Knobbly Nora

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ruth Naomi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-naomi.html
Latest Review: Peace in the Abyss by Tayo Emmanuel

Review of Knobbly Nora

Post by Ruth Naomi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Knobbly Nora" by Sue Banner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Big brothers enjoy teasing their younger siblings, especially sisters, but do they ever consider how they feel while being teased? I, for one, had a friend while growing up whose elder brother teased her very much. Afterward, she'd go to the bathroom and cry or even isolate herself. Well, Nora feels the same in Knobbly Nora by Sue Banner.

Nora had Knobbly knees; nonetheless, she was exceptional at climbing trees. She found it peaceful while on top of the trees because she'd hear the birds chirping. While on top, Nora would evade her elder brother's teases. She wished he'd stop doing that, as it did not make her happy. One day, while on top of a tree, Nora sleeps. When it becomes late and she does not turn up at home, her family is in fear, wondering where she might be; even Nora's elder brother is worried sick. What she does not know is that this day would change her relationship with her elder brother. What happens next?

There's a crucial lesson to be learned by siblings who tease their brothers or sisters. While at it, Sue does not fail to display love among family members. Mother and brother were worried when Nora failed to show up at home. Even while her brother is used to teasing her, he loves his sister unconditionally. Those are the things I admired in the book.

Sue Banner performed an impeccable job with the pictorial representations in the book. I especially liked the picture with Nora's mother and brother expressing their worry faces when Nora does not turn up.

The book was professionally edited, as I did not find grammatical errors or omissions. Additionally, I did not detect any aspect to dislike. Therefore, I rate the publication four out of four stars. I recommend it as a bedtime story to children between the ages of 4 and 7 years.

Knobbly Nora
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Georgia Lyonhyde
Currently Reading: A Tale For The Time Being
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgia-lyonhyde.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Georgia Lyonhyde »

This sounds like a cute little book that is just right for my two boys. I'm keen to read it now.
You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.
–Paul Sweeney :tiphat:
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

I was touched by this review. This story sounds really great and its nice that it shows how siblings truely care for each other. This would be a great addition to my kids' library. Thanks for the nice review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June

Return to “Children's Books”