Review of Kachina

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of Kachina

Post by Melisa Jane »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Kachina" by Alexandra Lopez.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Although everyone is unique, we share so much in common. When we love and care for each other, we accomplish what no one thought we could. It is, therefore, the responsibility of everyone to ensure that we embrace our diversity and use our uniqueness to create a better world for everyone. Kachina by Alexandra Lopez is a fictional children’s book that encourages its readers to appreciate each other because by doing this, they grow too.

Kachina is a star in the sky. Looking at eath, she admires everything. She loves to see the turtles swimming in the seas and birds coloring the sky. She especially likes how, although different, human beings collaborate and create amazing things. Out of curiosity, she approaches Great Mystery and asks him how humans are able to do these things. As an answer, Great Mystery enables her to be born on earth, as a human being, so that she could see for herself how humans live and cooperate. Will she find humans admirable? What will her experience on earth be like?

I liked several things about this book. First, the pictorial illustrations were very colorful. I especially liked how the earth has been presented as green and admirable. The illustrations of several animals and the environment are also visually appealing. Second, I love that although the story is short, it has invaluable lessons. Children will learn how to live in harmony with their friends. Third, the author used very simple vocabulary throughout the book. This makes it appropriate for even young children. Since I didn’t find any grammatical errors while reading, this book was exceptionally edited.

Although this is a brilliant book, I noticed some flaws. First, the author used very tiny fonts. Since children are the target audience, they will find it very hard to read this book. Second, the author used very many quotation marks, even when they were unnecessary. For example, he put the words “Great Mystery” in quotes, although they were used as a name of an object.

In conclusion, this is a brilliant book. I, therefore, rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I didn’t deduct even a single star because the aforementioned flaws didn’t affect my enjoyment of the book. I recommend it to children between the age of 5 and 13. Any parents, guardians, or teachers who want to teach their children how to live in harmony with each other will also find it useful. I can’t think of any groups of people who won’t enjoy this book.

Kachina
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Cece Maina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cece-maina.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Cece Maina »

This review made me interested in reading this novel...it's definitely added to my reading list! Normally, I would not gravitate towards these books but your review has sparked an interest!
Thank you! :D
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Stories that teach children are the best. Thank you for a beautiful review. I like the sound of a star having an opinion. Also, the illustrations sound marvelous.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

Love and care about one another,I think this is a great book for children,nice review.
Ella Oyieko
Favorite Book: The Mindset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ella-oyieko.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ella Oyieko »

A very nice review !a must read for me .Appreciating others helps us grow.

Return to “Children's Books”