Review of Willard Worm’s Wacky World

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Review of Willard Worm’s Wacky World

Post by ciecheesemeister »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Willard Worm’s Wacky World" by Debbie Bucca.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Is there anything wrong with being different? Willard Worm doesn’t think so! Kids can find out more about this unique and clever little fellow in his story, Willard Worm’s Wacky World, written by Debbie Bucca.

Willard is a little worm who has some unusual ideas of fun. The other worms whisper about how weird Willard is. Willard doesn’t care what the other worms think of him. He’s too busy looking at the sky and hoping for clouds to gather because he loves to dance and play in the rain.

The other worms are nervous about joining Willard in his muddy, wet fun, but when Willard explains why he loves it when it rains, they decide that maybe he’s onto something.

This clever little book is suitable for children of all ages. The story is told in a catchy rhyming style. The book is filled with colorful pictures and charming characters. Kids may be able to relate to Willard’s love of rain and mud.

I believe that the story was professionally edited. I could not find any errors in the text. The text is clear and easy to read against the colorful background.

I recommend Willard Worm’s Wacky World for parents, grandparents, educators, and anyone with young children in their lives. There is nothing frightening or upsetting in the story. The book is simple enough that children can learn to read it for themselves.

Some people may have conditions such as autism and tend to focus on the world in a different way. Some people may be a bit introverted. The book offers an opening to talk about people who are different. It is always best to try and understand those who are different from us.

I could find nothing to dislike about this story. I give Willard Worm’s Wacky World four out of four stars.

Willard Worm’s Wacky World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

I think this book would be best recommended for children and adults who love story books ,nice review.
Susan Kihleng
Currently Reading: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-kihleng.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Susan Kihleng »

This looks like an adorable children's book. The artwork is charming and I love that it is written in a rhyme. Excellent choice for kids. Thank you for the excellent review!

Return to “Children's Books”