Review of How Biyiyig is God?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Review of How Biyiyig is God?

Post by Verna Coy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "How Biyiyig is God?" by Bev LaVigne.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How Biyiyig is God? by Bev LaVigne is a children's book with the intended audience of adults who love to read stories like this to children. It is based on biblical scripture and talks about different aspects of God.

I liked the cover design of this book. It is bright and straightforward. The children's drawings that it features are done with crayons and draw the eye. It was significant the there was a big red heart on a cloud that represents God's love.

I enjoyed the lovely illustrations throughout this work. The colors and designs give the story a peaceful, happy vibe that kids will love. The children's drawing and coloring pages within the illustrations add that creative flair that children enjoy.

The scriptures from the Holy Bible that go along with each example about God illuminate the story and show readers how God's word supports the book's central theme. Many readers will find this aspect helpful as they read this to their children. That said, the book doesn't feel preachy, and I believe it would suit readers from any religion or no religion at all.

The only negative I found with this book was how the text in the illustrations was strung together without spaces. It caused the text captions to be difficult to read and brought the book's quality down a notch. Aside from those problematic illustrations, the book is exceptionally well edited. For these reasons, I am rating this book with 3 out of 4 stars. It will appeal most to readers who enjoy reading to kids. I recommend it to anyone who would like to use biblical scriptures to teach kids about God in a simple way.

How Biyiyig is God?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Priya_Singh
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-singh.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Priya_Singh »

Seems like a good book I can read to my siblings. Thank you for the wonderful review.🌻🌼
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

The cover page got me and the review confirmed how cool the book is.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

The storyline of this book sounds interesting but I will pass this one as it is for children. Great review.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

This sounds like a great book. I love the title, and the cover is quite clever. The huge heart is perfect for God's love. :heart:
Thank you for your review.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

Your comment about the illustrations is quite evident just from the cover page itself. Thank you for your lovely review.
MARJORIE obeso
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marjorie-obeso.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by MARJORIE obeso »

this book describes how God, created the world aside from that talking about this book the colors and designs give the story a peaceful, happy vibe that kids will love. aside from that, the scriptures teach kids about God in a simple way. A nice review of this book.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love reading children's book, I would love to read this book to my junior ones, beautiful review.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

Children's books with illustrations can be fun to read even as an adult. I would love to read this to my neighbor's kids. Thanks for the review

Return to “Children's Books”