Review of Manse and Nono Take a Hike

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Review of Manse and Nono Take a Hike

Post by ciecheesemeister »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Manse and Nono Take a Hike" by Shana Antoine.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagination can provide the most wonderful adventures, especially when you are sharing those adventures with someone special. Big brother Manse and his sister Nono show kids the exciting experiences they have in their story Manse and Nono Take a Hike, a book written by their mother, Shana K. Antoine, and illustrated by Larisa Lungu.

This sweet story shows kids how imagination and cooperation can make for a day filled with excitement and discovery without ever leaving home. The children, Manse and Nono, plan their hike, take along snacks, drinks, and other necessary items such as a map and bug spray. They hike to the top of the mountain, making fascinating discoveries on the way. When they reach their destination, they put up a tent.

There was nothing that I disliked about this story. It is appropriate for children of all ages. There is a bit of minor suspense with a fun surprise waiting at the end. The author also provides questions that young readers can answer with the help of their parents.

The book appeared to have been professionally edited. There were no errors in the text. The bold black font stands out nicely against the colorful background. The illustrations are charming and the relationship between the young brother and sister is heartwarming. The story provides a useful tool for teaching kids that cooperation and preparedness make good experiences even better.

Although the story is quite brief, it is full of inspiring messages about cooperation, kindness, imagination, and discovery. Parents can also use the story as an opening to teach kids to appreciate nature.

Parents, grandparents, educators, and anyone with young children in their lives can feel confident about purchasing this story for their children. The story is simple enough that kids can learn to read it for themselves. I am pleased to give Manse and Nono Take a Hike four out of four stars.

Manse and Nono Take a Hike
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Leah Blackman Pitt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leah-blackman-pitt.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Leah Blackman Pitt »

Seems like a very fun, exciting book to read. Having young children of my own with vivid imaginations, and short attention spans, I think they will truly enjoy a book like this. Thanks for the review!
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I think this book would be a very fun and interesting one, would love to read this book to my younger ones, beautiful review.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

kids these days have no imagination due to their addiction to electronics, I hope parents pay more attention to their kids, cute story , great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq

Return to “Children's Books”