Review of Where's Hare's Tooth?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Review of Where's Hare's Tooth?

Post by ciecheesemeister »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Where's Hare's Tooth?" by Lois Solverud.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever lost a tooth? Have you ever thought someone else took something from you only to realize that you just misplaced the item? Hare experiences both mishaps. His adventures can be found in the story Where’s Hare’s Tooth.

This fun children’s book is written by Lois Solverud and illustrated by Elizabeth McCulloch. The story begins with Hare eating some carrots. While Hare is enjoying his meal, his loose tooth comes out.

When Hare can’t find the tooth, he starts imagining that one of the other animals in the forest must have stolen it. Readers follow along with Hare as he tries to track down the culprit. When Hare discovers the truth, he feels a little bit silly for having suspected the other animals of stealing his tooth.

This story is appropriate for children of all ages and could make a special gift for a child who has lost or is about to lose their first tooth. The book is filled with colorful illustrations and the story is told in a fun rhyming style. The text is dark and bold and stands out nicely against the colorful background.

There is nothing that I disliked about the story. I think that an afterward containing a brief explanation of the fact that animals such as hares and rabbits don’t really lose teeth the way humans do might make for a fun and informative inclusion as I am always a proponent of taking advantage of teaching moments. There is nothing that needs to be changed about the story itself.

The book is polished, professionally edited with no errors in the text or formatting, and the rhyming scheme is tight. Parents, educators, and anyone with young children in their lives can feel confident in purchasing this story. I give Where’s Hare’s Tooth four out of four stars.

Where's Hare's Tooth?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

I find it relaxing to read children's books; this one especially has caught my eye now. I really like the storyline and the rhyming aspect of it. Great review.
Tablito
Favorite Book: The Mountain and The Goat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tablito.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Tablito »

The book sounds interesting with the hare and his favourite food (carrots) involved.
Jydel
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Currently Reading: Diary of a wimpy kid
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jydel.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Jydel »

Your review of Where's Hare's Tooth is captivating. I feel like reading the book myself. I believe children can enjoy it even more.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

I found this book interesting which most kids will love to read. I love the review.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

This book seems to be interesting and fast-paced, I can still remember my experience when I lost a tooth when I was little. Although I will not be picking this book because it's a children's book. Thanks for such a great review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

The feeling of lossing a teeth was such a painful and wonderful experience, It takes me back to childhood, beautiful review.
Iqra Rafiq 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iqra-rafiq-1.html
Latest Review: Heroes of Atlantis by Ryan Carriere

Post by Iqra Rafiq 1 »

The book seems interesting. I admired the message of the story, the author tried to make a valid point out of the story by saying we tend to blame others and then at last we realise it was our mistake, not theirs. I think children should be taught this message at a very young age. .thank you for the review
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

this book is quite adorable with the bunny and the tooth but it will make learn some lessons which is great, nice review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I just laughed with a friend looking for a toy with several grown-ups to find out later that the toy was all that time in the kid's bedroom. Losing the tooth is a nice opening, but now I find myself wondering where Hare has left it.
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by peace_m »

I think the message was well delivered to kids in a friendly manner. It gives detailed explanation of how some animals such as hares and rabbits don’t really lose teeth the way humans do.
Blackstenius
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

This is an exciting read for children. The simple rhyme schemes make it easy for kids to easily memorize the story. The colorful illustrations will keep kids glued to the book. The idea of hare checking for her lost tooth inside her underwear is funny. Congratulations on BOTD, and nice review!
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
Teresa Hickman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Teresa Hickman »

I forgot how much I enjoyed reading children's book!! This was quite refreshing for me, as well as bringing back a few memories. Cute start to reading again, love the art work. I know it would keep my granddaughters entertained. Definitely will recommend to get this one.
Esther Godwin Ogechi
Currently Reading: Adventures with Pop Pop at Grant’s Farm
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-godwin-ogechi.html
Latest Review: Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin by Andri E. Elia

Post by Esther Godwin Ogechi »

I enjoy reading children's books. The stories are simple and the illustrations are always adorable. This one is very relatable. Great reviews.
For I know the thought I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give you an expected end.Jeremiah 29:11
Arrazak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Arrazak »

Wow, such a great book for kids, then let my younger brother to have a check on the book such a great content.

Return to “Children's Books”