Review of Where's Hare's Tooth?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Re: Review of Where's Hare's Tooth?

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

This children's story seems to be fun because the main character, the hare, suspected some other animals of stealing his tooth when, in fact, he just misplaced it.
Congratulations to the author for BOTD!
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

A fun and cute story about a hare with a missing tooth. This sounds like a great children's book. Congrats on BOTD!
C0Aotearoa
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by C0Aotearoa »

I love the whimsical illustrations of this book, and would resonate well with children. The illustrations work well and complement the narrative. However, I do not understand the line drawing on page 4 of the sample book. I would suggest the illustrator colors that in, so it is consistent with the rest of the book.

The story is highly relatable to kids and made me laugh because it reminded of the panic my child had when they thought they had lost a tooth. The rhyming works well and does not feel forced. However, I note some confusion on page 9 of the sample book where Hare claims ‘Red Fox’ took the tooth, but later thinks Red “spied it” rather than “snatched it”.

The sample book was fun to read, and I would like to read the whole book. I highly recommend this book for young children, it would be a great bedtime story.
Pauls_
Currently Reading: A Dagger In The Heart
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul.html
Latest Review: Recognizing Beauty by Cyndi Burrough

Post by Pauls_ »

A great book suitable for young children. Children will greatly enjoy the moral lessons and illustrations. Thanks for the great review. Congratulations on BOTD.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This sounds like a cute book for talking children through losing their first tooth. I agree with the review that an afterward explaining that rabbits don’t lose teeth the same way that humans do would be an interesting factoid to include. Overall, though, it sounds like an enjoyable tale. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

The book would be nice for children who are just growing teeth as it would enlighten them in what they need to need. The book cover is lovely and I wouldn't mind reading the book. Congratulations on BOTD
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

There's a funny side this story holds for the children and a lesson the story tries to teach the children from the character of Hare and the loss of its tooth.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

The realistic application of this book makes it suitable for children to familiarise themselves with the growth and development of animals. Thank you for the review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

Thus sounds very adorable. I will definitely read it to my children. The message is so simple and wholesome. Thanks for the review.
Keziah mwaura 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Keziah mwaura 1 »

Where is hare's tooth...by Lois Solverud.waoohh just like old time stories.The Hare have always been very cunning never.This story where hare have lost his tooth and puts every other animal on hold and suspect of stealing his tooth makes me laugh.Then he realizes that he lost his tooth naturally. Moral of the story it's not okay to judge others so quickly??, it only bring shame on us.Great story book for our children to teach them morals of life at very young age.its easy for children to understand the story. Congratulations to the BOTD
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

This sounds like an excellent book with a great message for children.
Hazelyn Sanchez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hazelyn Sanchez »

I find this book interesting too. The graphics are colorful and capturing. The rhyming structure of the story makes it easy and enjoyable to read too. And the adventurous story is not only fun but gives a moral lesson. I agree with the review, it can give the parent or guardian a teaching moment for their kids after reading the book. This can be a great book to share with kids.
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrian-rondon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Adrian Rondon Salazar »

I love the cover; you can clearly tell that rabbit is sad. Losing an object and thinking that someone stole it is common. It is an excellent story for children; it also has beautiful illustrations. Thanks for the review.
KafeliKe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kafelike.html
Latest Review: The Party Line by Dennis D. Gagnon

Post by KafeliKe »

This sounds like a well-written children's book. Thanks for this insightful review.
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

Sounds amazing the fairytale about losing teeth and keeping it under a pillow is still as strong as then. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Children's Books”