Review of Today Cara Goes to Kindergarten

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Re: Review of Today Cara Goes to Kindergarten

Post by Muna Chizzy »

This book reminds me of my kid bro first day at school, it was an emotional moment. The story line is captivating and insightful. Thanks for the great review.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Muna Chizzy wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 02:50 This book reminds me of my kid bro first day at school, it was an emotional moment. The story line is captivating and insightful. Thanks for the great review.
I suspect that the first day of kindergarten is probably an emotional milestone moment for most kids! I really enjoyed this illustrated story, and I hope many other readers get a chance to read it too! Thanks for the kind words of support. 📖🌞
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think the idea with different font colors, to highlight different statements, is just great. Thanks for the good review.
AvidBibliophile

markodim721 wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 11:01 I think the idea with different font colors, to highlight different statements, is just great. Thanks for the good review.
I completely agree! Thanks for your colorful comment about it 🌈
Lila Randhawa
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lila-randhawa.html
Latest Review: Conversing with Various Entities by Mary Ellen Wall

Post by Lila Randhawa »

The illustrations in this book seem interesting. I like the candid conversation between Cara and her mother before her first day. It sounds like a beneficial book for children. Thank you for the great review.
AvidBibliophile

poojkapadia wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 12:15 The illustrations in this book seem interesting. I like the candid conversation between Cara and her mother before her first day. It sounds like a beneficial book for children. Thank you for the great review.
All of the dialogue felt very candid, genuine, and relatable, so I think many young readers could benefit from the experiences depicted and described in this creatively illustrated book! Thank you for your kind comment. 📚🎒
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I was surprised to see a picture of an actual girl superimposed onto the illustrated background on the cover. That is a clever design: it feels like it is stimulating both sides of your brain at the same time :brain:

Dr. Ruddiman offers sage advice indeed: “Just be yourself, kind and friendly and fun!” We all should remember this every day.
Thank you for your descriptive review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
AvidBibliophile

MsH2k wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 01:06 I was surprised to see a picture of an actual girl superimposed onto the illustrated background on the cover. That is a clever design: it feels like it is stimulating both sides of your brain at the same time :brain:

Dr. Ruddiman offers sage advice indeed: “Just be yourself, kind and friendly and fun!” We all should remember this every day.
Thank you for your descriptive review!
The unique photo illustrations definitely gave this one a captivating quality! They provided a sort of dreamy surrealism that helped the dialogue seem that much more relatable. Needless to say, Dr. Ruddiman did a fabulous job with this one, and I hope many little minds get the chance to read it! Thank you, sweet friend. 🍎
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

cute story, i can't wait for my kid to go kindergarten and see how he reacts, I might read this book to get some insights, great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
AvidBibliophile

AfraBrb wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 17:25 cute story, i can't wait for my kid to go kindergarten and see how he reacts, I might read this book to get some insights, great review
Thank you, and I hope your son has a memorably reassuring first day of kindergarten! This book was a cute one for sure. 🧡
Rovika Sundaram
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rovika-sundaram.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Rovika Sundaram »

The first day of school is the memorable one in all of our lives. I loved how Cara's mother motivated her to be friendly with others. Saying these words will thrive positive energy into them.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
AvidBibliophile

Rovika Sundaram wrote: 09 Oct 2021, 11:21 The first day of school is the memorable one in all of our lives. I loved how Cara's mother motivated her to be friendly with others. Saying these words will thrive positive energy into them.
You’re right! It’s such an incredibly memorable day, and her mom’s motivational words of patient understanding really helped Cara be all she could be. Thank you for the sweet words of support! ⭐️

Return to “Children's Books”