Review of Oh, No! I Can't Crow

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of Oh, No! I Can't Crow

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Oh, No! I Can't Crow" by Karen Lee Cawley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Oh, No! I Can’t Crow is a delightful children's book written by Karen Lee Cawley. The book is about animals on a farm and narrates an incident on the farm.

Ricky Rooster has a job to do. Every morning at 6:04 am, he has to crow and wake everyone up on the farm. But one morning, Ricky is unable to crow because a thorn is stuck in his beak. He is worried that he will be unable to do his daily duty, so he seeks help from his friends. All the animals on the farm get together to solve the problem. Will the farm animals be able to help Ricky Rooster? Read the book to find out what happens next.

What I liked most about the book is that it talks about the ups and downs in life. It also explains how we can resolve any problem by asking for help. It conveys the idea that with the right attitude, we can overcome any difficulty in life. The book also teaches children about friendship and teamwork. I loved the way the author has written the story in rhyming sentences. It makes it easier and more enjoyable for young children. The look and find activity at the end of the book is a fun way of examining the attention and memory of children.

There is nothing that I disliked about this book. The illustrations in the books are bright and beautiful that will help to keep the children engaged. The personification of the animals in the book makes it more fun to read. Children can learn about different farm animals and the sounds they make from this book.

This book is well-written and well-edited. I give the book 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it for children ages 3-5years. You can also read it aloud to younger children. It is a must-have in all libraries and nurseries.

Oh, No! I Can't Crow
View: on Bookshelves
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Wow! The title got my attention first and getting to read that animals gathered to help solve a problem sounds so cute ☺️. Need to read and also get a copy for my nephew. Wonderful review!
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

Interesting book. It will teach children to help others through difficult times. It'll all teach them friendship. Great review.
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

This book sounds absolutely adorable! It would be the perfect book to read to my baby nephew, he loves farm animals. Thank you for your great review!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I have a picture in my head of terrified Ricky! I hope his friends were able to help!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Books about animals are always fun and the cover is adorable. Thanks for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Barbara Bett
Currently Reading: Whoopigoldbergbook
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Barbara Bett »

The book is quite nice and ineteresting especially when he could not crow because of the thorn. I give it 4 stars.
Rovika Sundaram
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rovika-sundaram.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Rovika Sundaram »

I'm glad the author had made children understand about teamwork and friendship with this story. Nice review.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

This sounds like such a delightful story! I love that Ricky Rooster crows at precisely 6:04 a.m. :D :rooster:

Thank you for your lovely review. :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Richard Onyebuwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Richard Onyebuwa »

If at all I wasn't going to read this book before, this well constructed review sparked a real interest in me and I'm definitely going to read this book.
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Susan Gibbs »

I like the idea of all the farm animals working together to try to help the rooster. This is an important lesson that children need to learn. working together, we can do so, much more. Kindness and compassion are important qualities to teach childkren. Well-written review.
Rowan The-First
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rowan-the-first.html
Latest Review: LaBlance Fish Tales Two by Peter F LaBlance
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Rowan The-First »

The title of this book has forced me to open this review but I have not been dissatisfied by both the book and the review.
What's the reason for your creation, Who really created you and why. Kind regards, That's Rowan of Islam. :?: :tiphat:
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

Teaching children through animal fiction is always a great idea. I liked the messages conveyed by the story and I also liked having an activity at the end of the book. My daughter usually likes doing such activities. Thanks for the nice review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June

Return to “Children's Books”