Review of Rosco Run Rosco Fun

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Review of Rosco Run Rosco Fun

Post by Black Jewel »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rosco Run Rosco Fun" by Steven C. Thedford.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rosco Run Rosco Fun by Steven C. Thedford is a cute children’s story about a dog by the name of Rosco. In it, we join Rosco as he goes about various tasks throughout the day, from eating and running to other more improbable shenanigans. He even has a friend join in on the fun. To find out what other creative fun Rosco undertakes, you’ll need to read this story yourself.

I enjoyed this creative children’s story about a fun-loving dog. The antics that Rosco gets up to made me chuckle a few times, and the artwork was well-paired with this brief story. The illustrations were quite bright and colorful. I believe this fact will captivate the attention of the intended audience. The story in its entirety pulls together quite nicely. As this story is so short, telling much more would run the risk of giving away the story in its entirety.

One major issue I did note, however, is the fact that the spelling of the main character’s name changed repeatedly throughout this book. Often it alternated from one spelling to another on the same page. The title of this book spells the name as ‘Rosco,’ but the summary on the back cover spells it ‘Roscoe.’ These two spellings are interchanged repeatedly throughout this book. I have gone with the first instance of the spelling I first saw, ‘Rosco’ as seen in the title.

Due to the brevity of this story, I do not believe it to be professionally edited. Both spellings of the character’s name are acceptable, but I don’t think it should have been misspelled on more than one occasion. As a result, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Once the spelling of the name has been solidified, I would happily increase my rating to the full four stars. As it stands, however, I cannot warrant a perfect rating for it.

As for the audience, I believe that this story is best suited to children just learning how to read. The sentences are short, repetitive, and frequently rhyme. Everything adds up to make this a perfect book for new learners. The pictures are also very depictive of what the sentences state, which would also assist beginners to understand the meaning of what they are reading. I believe all parents should pick up this fun little book to help their young children along the path of reading. There was also no offensive content in this book, being geared to a very young audience.

Rosco Run Rosco Fun
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

It’s always children’s book for me. Nice review though. Thank you
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

Being a dog lover, I'd love to read about Roscoe's antics; they could be similar to those of my pet dog, Jack. Great review.
Kofi Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Kofi Ndlovu »

As a dog lover myself this was very intriguing and wonderful to read..Rosco is a wonderful dog which really loves running around and being happy I would've given this a great 5 star rating but the name really lacked interest and creativity other than that this is such a joyful book to read to the children..It really shows how a dog can really be and how energetic it really is..Great work.♥️
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

This sounds so cute. Rosco looks like a dog any child would love to play with. Thanks for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

This is a good book for relaxation because of its funny content. Good review

Return to “Children's Books”