Review of The Tale of Meadow Grove

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Re: Review of The Tale of Meadow Grove

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Rbbhuncho wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 03:41 Nice story my junior brother is really going to love it.thanks for your review!
I greatly appreciate your positive comment about it! Thank you
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

This reminds me how I used to talk to all my stuffed animals when I was a kid. I grew up in a healthy household, though. Somehow all my stuffed animals became cats in my mind no matter what they were. Thank you for your review!
AvidBibliophile

Ivvie Ivanova wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 09:59 This reminds me how I used to talk to all my stuffed animals when I was a kid. I grew up in a healthy household, though. Somehow all my stuffed animals became cats in my mind no matter what they were. Thank you for your review!
I grew up in a healthy household as an only child, so I definitely spent large chunks of time having conversations with my stuffed animals too. You’re not alone in that memory! 😺
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It is good that the text of the book rhymes because it will be more interesting for children. I like that animals are the ones that offer girls unconditional love.
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

I am happy about how the moment of sadness, fear, and anxiety for the girls turned into braveness and courage. This is an amazing review. Well done!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

What an unsavory character Mr. Jingles is. I'm not sure though if this book will be suitable for bedtime or any other time. My kids might just get nightmares from Mr. Jingles, but the review is awesome.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
AvidBibliophile

markodim721 wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 02:55 It is good that the text of the book rhymes because it will be more interesting for children. I like that animals are the ones that offer girls unconditional love.
The rhyming component succeeded in giving this story a childlike quality that helped cushion the heavier sections of content, and the animals were truly insightful and protective of the girls! Thank you for your comment and thoughts. 💙
AvidBibliophile

Omega_01 wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 07:23 I am happy about how the moment of sadness, fear, and anxiety for the girls turned into braveness and courage. This is an amazing review. Well done!
Yes! They definitely underwent an emotional transformation as the storyline unfolded, and such a tale will likely give plenty of other struggling kids the strength to survive similar situations. Thank you!
AvidBibliophile

Nqobile771 wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 07:52 What an unsavory character Mr. Jingles is. I'm not sure though if this book will be suitable for bedtime or any other time. My kids might just get nightmares from Mr. Jingles, but the review is awesome.
Mr. Jingles was darkness personified, and his villainous presence struck a trembling fear into the hearts of many, but I know exactly what you mean about him serving as a nightmare-inducing figure in kids’ minds and imaginations. This was a tricky one to analyze, so thank you for the kind words of support!
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

The cover aptly depicts the girls’ bond and the dark theme. Wow. This is a tough book but one that could give young readers with a similar dysfunctional household ideas of how to cope. Excellent review—you shared the theme wonderfully.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
AvidBibliophile

MsH2k wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 18:10 The cover aptly depicts the girls’ bond and the dark theme. Wow. This is a tough book but one that could give young readers with a similar dysfunctional household ideas of how to cope. Excellent review—you shared the theme wonderfully.
I can honestly admit that I didn’t fully grasp the intended subject matter of this book when I selected it for review, but after flipping through the pages multiple times, I could start to envision how it might be perceived from a wide range of different perspectives. From a trauma therapy standpoint, it could offer a safe and metaphorical means of escape for certain kids, but it would be terrifying for their sheltered peers, so this was a tough one for sure. Thank you for the sweet words, my friend!

Return to “Children's Books”