Review of Tales of Trixie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Re: Review of Tales of Trixie

Post by MsH2k »

Oh, my heart went out to Trixie as she was waiting to be adopted. This story reminds me of when I adopted my beloved tortoiseshell kitty Bina.:cat: Our household ended up with two kitties because Bina’s sweet but clueless little brother Geordi 🐈‍⬛ would not have survived without her.

Thank you for your lovely review of this tabby’s tale.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

I love animals and I'm so glad that Brix found a home for himself. I would also love to this adorable book. Thanks for the lovely review.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

MsH2k wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 00:26 Oh, my heart went out to Trixie as she was waiting to be adopted. This story reminds me of when I adopted my beloved tortoiseshell kitty Bina.:cat: Our household ended up with two kitties because Bina’s sweet but clueless little brother Geordi 🐈‍⬛ would not have survived without her.

Thank you for your lovely review of this tabby’s tale.
Mine too! My heart always compassionately goes out to sweet pets patiently waiting for homes, and it sounds like Bina and Geordi blessed your lives in the same way you blessed theirs. I’m glad little Trixie got the chance to know the same sort of happiness! 💚
AvidBibliophile

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 23:33 I love animals and I'm so glad that Brix found a home for himself. I would also love to this adorable book. Thanks for the lovely review.
Happy homes make the world a better place for everyone involved! Thank you for your sweet words of support. I love animals (and adorable stories about them) too! ☺️🐈
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

Sounds like a sweet story to read! I lost my cat a few months ago and I'm still heartbroken about it. I want to read this book. Thank you for your review!
AvidBibliophile

Ivvie Ivanova wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 09:51 Sounds like a sweet story to read! I lost my cat a few months ago and I'm still heartbroken about it. I want to read this book. Thank you for your review!
Aww, well thank you. It was a sweet story, and our pets always seem to become permanent members of our hearts and lives, so I’m very sorry for your loss because I know the feeling too. Thank you for the kind words! 🐈
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Susan Gibbs »

I like the picture of the kitty on the cover and I'm sure it will appeal to children. I am in favour of adopting animals from shelters and always support shelters with small monetary donations when I can. This story has a happy ending for Brix and its always nice to get a happy ending in an animal story. I don't like sad animal stories!
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
AvidBibliophile

Susan Gibbs wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 01:52 I like the picture of the kitty on the cover and I'm sure it will appeal to children. I am in favour of adopting animals from shelters and always support shelters with small monetary donations when I can. This story has a happy ending for Brix and its always nice to get a happy ending in an animal story. I don't like sad animal stories!
I am the same way! I try to make charitable donations when I can and always support pet adoptions in general. This sweet kitty definitely deserved a loving family of her very own! Thank you for your sweet words of support.

Return to “Children's Books”