Review of Sally the Spider’s Great Adventures

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Review of Sally the Spider’s Great Adventures

Post by ciecheesemeister »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sally the Spider’s Great Adventures" by Paul Pobozy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What if you were a spider who lost two of your legs? Sally Spider shows kids what she did in Sally the Spider’s Great Adventure, written by Paul Pobozy.

The day after Sally the Spider loses two of her legs in a tumble from a tree, she decides to get them back. She enlists the help of Olly the Owl, who is very wise. Olly suggests that they seek help from Bobby the Beetle, who patrols the forest each night. Bobby is a big, bold rhinoceros beetle, and he is happy to assist Sally in her quest to find her missing legs.

There is a lot to like about this story. It is filled with bright, colorful illustrations. The book is appropriate for children of all ages. The insects aren’t scary. They have friendly expressions and compelling personalities. They are willing to help one another so everyone can be happy.

Sally is an inspiring character. She is determined and innovative. She reattaches her lost legs with honeysuckle nectar as glue. Bobby the Beetle is a faithful and helpful friend. The book can be used as a stepping stone to teach children to love and respect all of nature’s creatures, including the “creepy crawlies” such as beetles and spiders.

There was nothing that I disliked about the story, but I feel that the bold font at the beginning of certain paragraphs worked better than the lighter font that was primarily utilized throughout the book. The bold font stood out and was easier to read.

I believe that the story was professionally edited, but there was one typo near the end of the book. This small error does not prevent me from rating Sally the Spider’s Great Adventure four out of four stars. Children are sure to enjoy this heartwarming story with its cute and compelling cast of characters.

Sally the Spider’s Great Adventures
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

This is a book filled with fun and excitement that would be suitable for children's consumption. But I will not be picking this book. Thanks for your detailed review.
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

Did Sally find her missing legs? Looks like an awesome book for children.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

Oh, this sounds like such a sweet and fun read! As an adult, I still love such books. Sometimes I just want something cute, fun, with little to no emotional suspense. This is when I go for books like this one. Thank you for your review!
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

This book looks great for children,am definitely interested in this book,would love to read this to my younger ones,thanks for the beautiful review.

Return to “Children's Books”