Review of Doodle Noodle

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Review of Doodle Noodle

Post by Verna Coy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Doodle Noodle" by Kate Seng.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Doodle Noodle by Kate Seng is an artistic children's book about a missing pooch named Noodle. When Mazie notices that Noodle is missing, she comes up with ideas about who could doodle Noodle's picture so that she would be found and brought home. How many people does Mazie know that could doodle her super pooch? To find out, you must check out this cute book!

The cover art of this book is so appropriate. It looks like so many drawings that I've seen people doodling as they wait or think. It's in everyone's nature to doodle a little, so this book is sure to please many.

What I liked most about this book is the sweet writing style that indicates Mazie loves her dog. She loves her so much she doesn't mind the way she smells. She frets when Noodle misses her afternoon walk. Readers who have pets or love animals will enjoy the emotions that are part of this story.

The illustrations are one of the best parts of this book. They are colorful and vibrant. They accompany the story and perfectly outline what is happening in the plotline. I enjoyed seeing a depiction of each scene as the story progressed. I loved how one word in each set of text was done as an illustration of its own. This artistic method drew attention to the meaning of each word and how certain words have power.

Interestingly enough, this book has some excellent character development for such a short work. As each character is introduced, readers can learn about them and see them working in their chosen profession with just a few lines. It features them in their unique environment and showcases each character's talent. That was one of the most positive elements in the book. It shows kids how many different things they could choose to be when they grow up.

I found nothing negative to mention in this work. It is artistic and beautifully illustrates the love between a child and a pet. It also highlights the closeness of the family unit, an aspect that is sure to appeal to many parents who would love this book for their children.

This work is exceptionally well edited. I found no errors in it. For all of these reasons, I am more than happy to rate it with 4 out of 4 stars. I wish I could give more! I recommend it to kids who love art and pets. It will appeal most to readers who love the arts and like to read books that tell a good story while introducing interesting characters.

Doodle Noodle
View: on Bookshelves
Shivansh_007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-007.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Shivansh_007 »

Looks like my little brother is on a treat as I found another fun and loving children's book today. Thanks for the amazing review.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

When I first came across the book's name, I took it for a self-help book. But it seems that I'm wrong. The book is so sweet already! Children would surely love it. Great review, thanks.^^
Adelle v
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adelle-v.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Adelle v »

Sounds like a very cute book. Words carry power and its nice to hear how the artist manages to showcase that. Thanks for a great review.

Return to “Children's Books”