Review of The Meteorologist in Me

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of The Meteorologist in Me

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Meteorologist in Me" by Brittney Shipp.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Meteorologist in Me by Brittney Shipp is a children’s book. The book concentrates on delivering a lesson that if you want to achieve something, no one can stop you from getting to your aim if you put your heart and mind to it. In other words, nothing is impossible if we dream and carry a will to fulfill those dreams. The lovely story focuses on delivering encouragement to young minds to pursue what they want to become one day.

The story features a little girl, Summer, who has a dream to become a meteorologist. Her favorite time of the day is when she gets to watch the weather part of the news on television. She admires the weather reporter, April Showers, and hopes to become just like her one day. She loves to share fun weather facts with her friends and family. But her dreams to be a meteorologist are often laughed at by her siblings and her friends. No one shows enough confidence in her. But she is a strong-headed and ambitious girl who never backs down and, by the end, proves everyone wrong by reaching where no one expected she would.

The story is very creatively written. The various characters of the story are named after seasons and other things related to weather like Autumn, Storm, Sunny, Sky, etc. Moreover, the story also serves the purpose of teaching the readers. There are weather facts in the book that are going to enlighten young minds.

The best thing about the book is the format of the book. It is a well-designed and attractive book. The illustrations are commendable. It is very colorful, and the children are going to love it. The characters are beautifully made. Another thing I like is that along with entertainment, the children are going to learn facts about weather and also to follow their dreams with all their might. Honestly, there is nothing to dislike about the book.

On the whole, I will rate it a 4 out of 4 stars read. The book is beautiful, the story is entertaining, and it provides both educational and moral lessons. Hence, the perfect rating. Also, it is professionally edited. I did not find any typos or errors in it. I will recommend this book to children aging between 3 and 8 years. Parents and teachers both can use this book to teach their children facts about the weather in a comprehensive way. It will teach young minds to chase their dreams.

The Meteorologist in Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

One of the most important aspects of a children's book is that it must be appealing in some way. I adored how the characters' names were based on the seasons. Great job with the review, thanks for the same.
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

This book sounds enjoyable, interesting and educational. I think my children will love it. Thanks for your great and informative review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June

Return to “Children's Books”