Review of The Elephant(s) in the Room

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Re: Review of The Elephant(s) in the Room

Post by Catalina Isabel »

This seems to be a lovely book for chileren. It seems to have mystery, humour, and great characters. Thanks for a great review and congrats on BOTD! 🙂
odlanra
Favorite Book: Carbynarah Chronicles
Currently Reading: All In Divine Order
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odlanra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by odlanra »

Really, I thought that I am going to laugh reading the product overview. With the nice opening of the review, all at once suggesting relaxation and fun whether for children or for adults, I was immediately convinced. Learning from the review that the plot is all about finding elephants in a room, I was really amused. Who could have miss an elephant or elephants in a room, big or small? A child will be fully attracted to it. And yes! I agree! What a combination or combinations! An elephant is a magnificent huge animal; a weasel is a new, strange, seldom-seen creature for a child, and dogs are lovable loyal creatures in the room or at the backyard! And it may even appeal to adults. From the review, it has a story with unexpected and exciting events. Yet, I still have the impression that is simple and fit for a child: develops characters (and story) quick enough; precise vocabulary. And still it seems even helpful in the developiment of the vocabulary of the child-reader. Moreover, it is interactive and with illustrations. Ah! I agree that parents will enjoy reading it aloud with their children!
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

This is the kind of book I'd love my children to read. Books that are immediately engaging and can help improve their vocabulary. Thank you for the review.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

By building a story featuring an elephant and a weasel, I like how the author teaches children the importance of nature and friendship. Thanks for the interesting review.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

You have given a detailed analysis of this children's story. I am happy to know of the great development of the characters Sammy and Kramer. I am also impressed to know about the elements of humour and mystery in this story. I look forward to finding out whether, really whether, there are elephants in the room. I recommend this book.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Damian Keyes »

Just from reading the official review, I could tell that this book has all the necessary elements of a superb children’s tale. Congrats to the author’s for having the BOTD.
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 607
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

This sounds like a book that will entertain children. This book is a good choice for parents as it improves children's vocabulary. Thank you for the review.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3050
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is definitely an important book with incredible lessons on diversity. I am glad that the author was able to combine unexpected animal characters together, making the book enthralling.
:tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Ella Silmas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ella Silmas »

[b]"The Elephant(s) in the Room by Denny Laake & Monica Laake Beavers [/b]

Growing up, I never got the the opportunity to read children's books, but this book made me nostalgic for something that would've been a luxury for me. It makes my heart full how the mood of the book was set with merely a few words in the first sentence. I'm not too sure if the graphics are intended for older children or what age bracket it's aiming for, given that the color combination is giving off a somber or a serious vibe with the texture of the graphics. Evidently, the sentence structure is more lengthy and complex for our very young viewers, but is direct and easy to understand for much older children. Moreover, I love how the humor is felt and seen with a touch of mystery. What's more funny than an elephant hiding behind a skinny lamp.
Beulah Oghenerukevwe Akpovire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beulah-oghenerukevwe-akpovire.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Beulah Oghenerukevwe Akpovire »

Oh I just love it when a piece comes together. It’s amazing how a nice color palette brings a story to life. A know-it-all leader and subservient yet observant follower always makes for a great read. I look forward to reading this.

Return to “Children's Books”