Review of Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Review of Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool" by Joan J. Harris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool is a children’s illustrated book written by Joan Harris. The story centers around a dragon who learns the true meaning of Christmas.

As a newcomer to the Kingdom of Kool, Billy Bob, the Royal Dragon, had no idea that something like Christmas existed. At school, he learns from his friends that Christmas is a day where you get all the presents that you wish for. When he rushes home to tell Princess Lou Sue about his list of twenty-three items that he wants, he is surprised to learn that Christmas is so much more than just receiving presents.

What I liked most about the story was how Billy Bob related to the Christmas story through his personal experiences with the other people that live in the castle. This allows children who read the book to think about their own experiences with the people in their lives. I think the author did a great job in providing clear and simple descriptions of the birth of Jesus. Other than that, I can’t think of anything that I disliked about the book.

Filled with colorful, hand-drawn illustrations, I thought the book was engaging and interesting for younger readers. I also thought that the illustrations went along well with the text. The simple text is perfect for children who are learning how to read. At the end of the book, parents or other adults can use the list of questions to further engage readers in discussions about Christmas and traditions done with family and friends.

Overall, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed reading the book and flipping through the colorful illustrations. I did not notice any grammatical errors, so I thought the book was well edited. I recommend this book to children from ages seven and up who enjoy reading about Christmas stories.

Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

It will be a great opportunity for me if I can also get this book for review. I used to like reading children's books. Thanks for this review.
Signature of Grace.
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

What a better time to have lessons other that Christmas season. Thanks for a great review.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

Great book! Just right in time.
gina_rae73
Favorite Book: Wasting Time
Currently Reading: The Poe Consequence
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gina-rae73.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by gina_rae73 »

I enjoy different tales if what Christmas means to the characters. In the beginning the characters feel one way during the season and by the the end of the story, the character learns a valuable lesson about the spirit of Christmas and about life in general. A great way for a young child to learn the true meaning of the holidays, which as been lost to retail consumerism.
:ecrivain: Gina Rae :gaah:
Aliyakaifi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aliyakaifi »

I'd love the story. It also states the importance of Christmas festival. The story was full of illustrations and light hearted one... wonderful .I really appreciate the writer 👍👍
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I love this book's premise, I would read it even if it is not Christmas. This could be a great short read. Thank you so much for the review!
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

Now a days I am fond of reading this children's books. Story happening around Christmas will be fun to read.
queen anirah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queen-anirah.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by queen anirah »

As a kid I was forced to learn that Christmas is not always about receiving gifts. Family and friends showing kindness to each other is what matters.

Return to “Children's Books”