Review of Daniel's Pushbike

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review of Daniel's Pushbike

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Daniel's Pushbike" by I.B. Gumnut.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Books for kindergarten-age children should essentially be illustrated, relatively short, and entertaining. Daniel's Pushbike by I.B. Gumnut is one such book that follows the journey of the boy Daniel with his pushbike across the sea.

Daniel’s father lives on the other side of the ocean, and that is why Daniel can’t see him often. Having a great desire to see his father, Daniel decides to build a pushbike that will take him across the ocean to see him. The story further follows Daniel and his overseas journey, and the reader discovers who Daniel encounters during his journey and whether he will happily reach his destination.

Daniel's Pushbike is one very short but fun children’s story. I really like the concept of a boy traveling across the ocean on an unusual sea bike. Given that the theme of the story is very unreal but also adventurous, I think it can stimulate creativity in young children. The story is written in the form of poetry, where each verse ends with a rhyme. This gives harmony to the whole story and makes it more interesting. In addition, the illustrations in the book perfectly follow the plot, and the colors are rich very vibrant. The book has no punctuation marks; however, I don’t think they are even required in this book. I would say that the omission of punctuation marks is the complete freedom of the author's expression.

I have nothing negative to comment on this book. I really like every aspect of it, and the story is highly entertaining. In addition, I did not encounter any grammatical or typographical errors, and the book appears to be exceptionally well edited.

Since I have no negative comments or remarks, I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I think the book would be ideal for kindergarten-age children. However, I would also recommend it to anyone who loves picture books and children's adventure stories.

Daniel's Pushbike
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

This seems like a really interesting book and I'm sure my little brother would like it a lot. It is filled with adventures and it seems real fun as well. Thanks for the review.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

This looks like its going to be an interesting children's book. Great review. Well done.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

This would definitely be a thrilling children's book—talking about it's story line. Good job on your review!
Signature of Grace.
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

This story looks fascinating and the cover looks great. I like also that it is written in the form of a poem. Rhyming words make it easier for children to remember the story and any encountered new vocabulary.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

The book is a short one, but it was creatively written. The author did a good job. Good review.

Return to “Children's Books”