Review of Nate And The Super-Duper Pajama Kids Adventure

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Review of Nate And The Super-Duper Pajama Kids Adventure

Post by Rachael S 1 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nate And The Super-Duper Pajama Kids Adventure" by Sharon Walton.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Nate and the Super-Duper Pajama Kids Adventure by Sharon Walton is just what the title suggests—a super-duper adventure! This book follows five-year-old Nate through his worst fear – bedtime.

It is bedtime, and Nate and his grandmother sit down for storytime before she tucks him in and turns out the light. Nate tries to stall as long as he possibly can to delay the lights going out and leave him in the dark. Once the lights go out, then the monsters come. Nate must rely on the Super-Duper Pajama Kids to keep him safe from the monsters and get him through the night.

While this book has all the signs of being a regular children’s book, there is one twist: it is a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book with optional endings. After each twist and turn, the reader gets to pick which direction they want to take the story. At the bottom of each page after each scene, the reader can choose "To Duck – go to page 29", or "To Lunge at it – go to page 32." This makes the story twist and turn to the reader’s delight.

I am a big fan of "Choose Your Own Adventure" books and have never seen one done as a children’s book. This was an exciting read. I took the time to go through each adventure, just to see where the tale took me. Some of the storylines were longer than others, but each was a complete story with an ending. This is a book parents can read with their children over and over again and still find a new adventure to follow.

Another aspect I enjoyed was the multiple colorful pictures throughout the book. Every page had multiple colorful photos illustrating the scene of that particular adventure. As this is a children’s book, the pictures are an important part of the story to be included, and the author did an incredible job making sure the book was beautifully decorated.

This book was exceptionally well written and illustrated and has absolutely earned 4 out of 4 stars. I am so impressed at the author’s skill in creating a "Choose Your Own Adventure" story for children under the age of 10. In addition, I did not find any major errors and believe this book has been professionally edited. I would highly recommend this novel to parents with children between the ages of 7 and 12. I would also offer caution, as once your child begins this story, be prepared to read the stories over and over as you explore each adventure this book has to offer.

Nate And The Super-Duper Pajama Kids Adventure
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

It's so exciting that you can choose your own adventure. Simply means the book can have a different end every time you read. Thanks for the insightful review.
Johnmark Yuvega
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Johnmark Yuvega »

What a beautiful book to read. I like the mechanics that you can choose different stuff Just Going on the pages, sorry if my English is bad
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

It sounds nice. It is as if you have bought several books rather than one, as you can read a new adventure everyday. This is the first time for me to hear about a choose-your-own-adventure story for children.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

I can already tell the book has a great plot. Lovers of adventure novels will enjoy this one. Great review.

Return to “Children's Books”