Review of ABC Rhyme With Me

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jodeci 007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodeci-007.html
Latest Review: Inspiring Moments by Crystal Holdipp

Review of ABC Rhyme With Me

Post by Jodeci 007 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "ABC Rhyme With Me" by Joann Cervellino.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We all know how important books are in helping children develop their vocabulary. ABC Rhyme With Me by Joann Cervellino is one such book. Dished out in three phases, the book takes us through words that begin with all the letters of the alphabet from A to Z. Also, we learn about a few rhyming words while we read, and we are finally encouraged to employ the power of our imaginations to "dream, create, and explore."

The author has done very well to combine familiar elements in teaching children in a fun and engaging manner. The first thing I liked about the book was how the author went further than just listing the words associated with the letters. Joann Cervellino included simple sentences to describe one prominent and easy-to-remember feature of those words. For example, "E is for the elephant that has a trunk so long." - Page 5.

Furthermore, the choices of words employed throughout were intentional and effective, from the popular ones, like "A for the APPLE you might eat every day (page 1)" and "B for the BANANA that gives you the energy to play (page 2)," to the more fun and engaging ones, like "W for the WAGON that helps you carry all your toys (page 23)." It is also significant that the words are ones that children will find easy to recognize around them, from fruits and animals to leaves and the sun. Children will thoroughly enjoy engaging in reciting these sentences, and the rhyming words employed will make it an even more fun exercise. The book also comes with a fun song that can be downloaded on Amazon.

The author favors using pictures over illustrations in this book, and I appreciate how well the pictures brought the words to life. The different range of colors used in presenting the letters was also a nice touch to the book and will make the book even more appealing to children.

ABC Rhyme With Me is an exceptionally well-edited book since I did not notice any errors while reading. I also cannot point to any part of the book I do not like. It was a fun and engaging read that will be very beneficial to children who are just learning how to read or pronounce words. Therefore, I rate this read four out of four stars. I would recommend this book to children between the ages of two and five.

ABC Rhyme With Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Venus2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-venus2304.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Venus2304 »

Nursery and Pre-school teachers around the world are encouraged to read this book in order to be able to transfer knowledge to children in more educative and simple way.
Thanks for the review
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Seems really helpful for children. Thank you for the review.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

Expecting a niece. Need to get this book for her
Staceyrose
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Staceyrose »

This book is unique that has the attention of children as the read it. I felt it to be very helpful and engaging that had my kids singing the book the entire day. This is definitely a way for them to learn
Rowan The-First
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rowan-the-first.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Rowan The-First »

The book is very crucial to any child learning to read and i will get it for my siblings. Thanks for the review.
What's the reason for your creation, Who really created you and why. Kind regards, That's Rowan of Islam. :?: :tiphat:
Kaleab Wondu
Currently Reading: Health tips,Myths and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaleab-wondu.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Kaleab Wondu »

I am looking forward to this book for my three years old brother. I loved that the book is rhymic and colorful. It is not limited to just teaching words, it also encourages children to use their imagination and be creative.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

Perfect balance of fun and knowledge. It will be useful to teach kindergarten children without burdening them. Good book. Nice review.
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

Very nice book. Rhyming words makes it easy to remember the words. Nice review
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Carmilla1111
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Carmilla1111 »

This book is surely loved by children easy to read, colorful and great for them to learn and cute. Highly recommend

Return to “Children's Books”