Review of Tyler's Acting Practice

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Review of Tyler's Acting Practice

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tyler's Acting Practice" by M. C. Abushar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tyler's Acting Practice by M. C. Abushar is the third installment in the Tyler, the Rabbit series, and this one is set in one of the key places that facilitate children's development: school.

We, once again, follow a determined Tyler who is willing to do everything in his power to perfectly play the acting role of David in the David and Goliath play at school. He would continuously practice using the slingshot so that he would be able to hit the target just like David. At the same time, Tyler's new friend, Joel, was struggling to find his feet at his new school, especially with the bullying and lack of belief people had in his abilities. Joel also had the same dreams of playing David in the play to prove himself. Tyler senses the deep hurt that Joel is going through, but what can he do about the situation?

At this point, it is very clear the direction that the author wants to take when it comes to the books in this series, and that involves continuously educating children through a character that they can easily identify with. Also, she continues to find imaginative ways to do this, which is what sets this book apart from others in the series and promises the same level of fun and learning. Therefore, I must applaud the author and encourage her to continue to put in this kind of effort, as I cannot get enough of these kinds of books.

This time, the author explores bullying and the hurt that it can inflict on its victims, which is something that a lot of children experience in school. I like that Tyler's thoughtfulness and kindness shine through in this area once again, but you will have to pick up a copy of the book to find out his resolution to the problem.

Furthermore, Tyler's Acting Practice is an exceptionally well-edited book, as I did not encounter any errors while reading this well-illustrated book. I also did not find any aspect of the book I did not like. Therefore, the book deserves a rating of four out of four stars, just like the previous books. Children between the ages of three and eight, especially those who like acting, will enjoy and gain confidence from this book.

Tyler's Acting Practice
View: on Bookshelves
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Words of Wisdom: INSPIRING QUOTES for Everyone by Sharef Flounoy

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

Choice making is also another difficult part of growing, another situation which I'm sure the author wishes to highlight with this book.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Children should enjoy reading this book. Great review.
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

This author has established her character, Tyler, really well. She has tackled the subject of bullying in this book, and it sounds like she did it very successfully. Nice review!
Melonie11
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Melonie11 »

Well this is a book I could read bullying is bad it can cause trauma on not just kids but adult
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

From the cover page, I already suspected it was a children’s book. You seem familiar with the lead character. Nice review.
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

Thanks for a splendid review. I love this children's book. It seems to contain the right elements for children, and the storyline was perfectly constructed. Many children will definitely enjoy reading this. Kudos to the author for a job well done.
Kings1999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kings1999.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Kings1999 »

Excellent Children's book, and very beneficial to young ones. I admire the effort the author put into the creation of this. I love the review BTW, it was magnificent.

Return to “Children's Books”