Review of Come To The Well

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Come To The Well

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Come To The Well" by Michelle Hancock.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From time to time, you may encounter an unruly kid. It could be in a plane, park, classroom, school, church, etc. What do you make of them? Even worse, if this is your kid, what’s the best approach to manage their unbecoming behavior? In Come To The Well by Michelle Hancock, we have a girl named Marie, whose behavior is uncontrollable!

Marie mishandles the family’s cat and dog. Though her mother keeps warning her, she does not listen. Her mum decides to initiate another action. Marie is denied the social privileges of playing with her friends, and her mother takes hold of her toys to see if she’d improve her manners. She doesn’t!

Marie’s grandmother visits and is told of the developments. As loving as most grandparents, she takes her granddaughter for an ice cream treat. Even while there, Marie is disruptive. Grandma narrates a story to her granddaughter about a girl named Genevieve and how her encounter with Jesus reformed her life. Will the tale transform Marie’s personality?

I enjoyed the religious turn of events in Grandma’s story. Marie was attentive because her interruption to ask questions proved so. As Grandma narrated the tale, I often wondered if Marie could have a change of heart and mend her ways. She had given her mother enough hard time.

The pictures displayed were faint and unattractive. It appeared like the illustrator either lacked experience or interest in designing them. In addition, the story Grandma narrated to Marie about Genevieve and John was not suspenseful. Those are the few things I did not like.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because I enjoyed the ending. Moreover, I only discovered a sole error, meaning it is professionally edited. I recommend Come To The Well to kids between the ages of five to ten who are unsettling. This book may cause them to have a behavior change.

Come To The Well
View: on Bookshelves
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ifesi »

This review sounds interesting. The author did a nice job in presenting the book to be interesting and easy to understand. Thanks for a wonderful and intriguing review. Looking forward to reading this book.
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

Sorry to find that the illustrations were not appealing. Thanks for the informative review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Gnex_09
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnex-09.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Gnex_09 »

I recommend this book to prospective parents. Most times, beating or denying children of their social privileges do not help to shape them into being calm and responsible.
Parents should learn to introduce Jesus to their children
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This should be enjoyable for kids. Great review.
Itz Savaga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Post by Itz Savaga »

This books looks really interesting and also educational to parents on how to handle children, because some of the things most parents see as an appropriate punishment to children might end up being another failed experiment. Great review, thanks.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

Just like the Grandma narrated to marie, The story of Genevieve is a good way to train children like marie and draw them close to God. Thanks for such a simplified review.
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

Thanks for a splendid review. I love this children's book. It seems to contain the right elements for children, and the storyline was perfectly constructed. Many children will definitely enjoy reading this. Kudos to the author for a job well done.
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

The story is good for children and i love the religious part of Grandma's story. Sorry that the illustrations weren't captivating enough. Great review
Kings1999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kings1999.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Kings1999 »

Excellent Children's book, and very beneficial to young ones. I admire the effort the author put into the creation of this. I love the review BTW, it was magnificent.
Ethan Golin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ethan-golin.html
Latest Review: Acts of Hope by Martin Elsant
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ethan Golin »

This story looks great for kids struggling with bad behavior. Thanks for the review.
queen anirah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queen-anirah.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by queen anirah »

I think there’s no special pattern to training children in the right manner. Whatever works for you works for you. I think every parent should take time to develop a pattern in approaching their children. Nice review!

Return to “Children's Books”