Review of Welcome to the Enchanted Forest of Special Needs

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jen Nghishitende
Currently Reading: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen-nghishitende.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Re: Review of Welcome to the Enchanted Forest of Special Needs

Post by Jen Nghishitende »

I am a mom and I think my daughter would benefit from a book that highlights acceptance. She is at an age where she realised she is different from everyone around us so thank you for the review I will buy this for her.
WriteOn
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writeon.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by WriteOn »

What I loved most about this book was the theme on which it was based: love and acceptance. This story highlights acceptance a lot. In the different settings highlighted, one could notice how everyone was accepted irrespective of their faults and shortcomings. I believe this is a lesson children can learn from reading this book.
Thanks for explaining the contents of this book so well. I imagine it could be used with children as a gentle way to raise awareness of discrimination and to promote inclusivity. Hopefully it might assist to raise the self-esteem of children with special needs.
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

I like the idea behind this book and what it's trying to do, but the puzzle pieces on the cover are making me concerned. As someone with ASD, I really hate the idea that I'm missing a piece of myself that would make me "normal."

Return to “Children's Books”