Review of The King

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of The King

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The King" by Jermaine Williams.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book has some deep meaning. We have people in society who lack gratitude for others. They ask for help, but the assistance is not good enough. They consistently want more and more without appreciation or seizing the current opportunities.

King Norman needs a servant to do some work for him. He does not stipulate the job. Meanwhile, Jude is optimistic about the job offer, so he sets out to meet the king. However, Jude has a clumsy and curious personality. As the saying goes, “Curiosity killed the cat.”

On his way to meet King Norman, Jude makes stops. Before long, it is dark. Since seeing is difficult, he ends up falling into a hole. He screams for assistance. A man approaches the voice asking for help and attempts to make a deal with Jude. The passer-by would help Jude if only he filled the hole back with dirt. Jude declines the offer saying he is too tired to do so. The man walks away. Another person approaches and helps Jude out. Unfortunately, Jude falls back into the hole. Will he get a way out again?

This tale took me back to biblical stories. Thought-provoking and funny, I wondered who would help Jude a second time. It felt absurd to read about a man falling back into the trap he was freed. While the story is entertaining, it had a deeper meaning, and I loved that.

The book is well edited because I did not note grammatical errors. One thing I cherished was how the book ended. I did not see that coming. It left me wondering about Jude and what happened to him. I disliked no aspect. Hence, I rate The King by Jermaine Williams 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to kids who’d enjoy an insightful story about opportunities.

The King
View: on Bookshelves
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

There are a lot of ungrateful people in the world. I find it very funny that Jude fell back into the trap he was freed from. Thanks for this insightful review.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This is a story that talks about how Jude faces difficult challenges on his way to meet king Norman, who needs a servant to do some work for him. This book is entertaining and interesting. Thanks for the great review.
Lutf golibao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Lutf golibao »

I think this story deserve more attention to youth and any hustlers around the world, jude’s tale it has serious concerns in real life people face difficulties on the way but its up to them to decide not to give up and face them with strong actions and it might get late to get thru them
Last edited by Lutf golibao on 13 Jul 2022, 10:08, edited 3 times in total.
Queeneth Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Queeneth Emmanuel »

This seems to be a fun and interesting book. I can relate so much to Jude's curiosity. I concede that this book has a deep meaning, especially when Jude falls into the real a second time. I think this would make a great book for children.
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

Reading this review got me interested to read this book. Looks like an entertaining and educational book for children. Great review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

Wow! Reading the beginning of this review reminded me of those biblical stories. This book gave an insight of the current situation which deals with the youth and society at large.
This is definitely a must read.

Return to “Children's Books”