Review of Bonnie's Birthday at the Zoo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Bonnie's Birthday at the Zoo

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bonnie's Birthday at the Zoo" by William Blankenship.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When we talk about birthdays, numerous things come to mind. I would think of having a beach party, whereas someone else may settle on a safari in Maasai Mara, Kenya. Another person may decide to hold a charity event. When it comes to children, birthday parties and outings excite them much.

In Bonnie's Birthday at the Zoo, William Blankenship transports us on a girl's memorable day. Bonnie is celebrating her birthday. She is delighted to invite her friends. Her mum asks her what she would like to do. Bonnie wants to go to the zoo and see animals. Friends would make a valuable accompaniment. Hence, she secures invitations.

The day is here, and Bonnie and her friends meet at the zoo and see various animals. Among them include sheep, goats, ducks, meerkats, etc. What else will Bonnie and her friends encounter?

I enjoyed the many animals included in the book. We have both domestic and wild ones. Bonnie and her friends looked quite jovial while viewing the animals. And petting them was even lovelier. The ducks were exhilarating because they were of varied sizes and colors.

The author was authentic in his illustrations. You see, the animals were both domestic and wild. When it came to the latter, Bonnie and her friends viewed them from a distance. But for the domestic ones, they’d get close. While some may say that is a cliché, I found that ingenious. Furthermore, each animal was colored as they appear in real life.

The book is exceptionally well edited because there were no errors. I saw nothing not to like. Thus, I rate Bonnie’s Birthday at the Zoo 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to children waiting to celebrate birthdays but have no idea where to go. This book may be a valuable collection and full of ideas.

Bonnie's Birthday at the Zoo
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

Kids are usually excited about birthdays. This book is very exciting and thrilling.
I love it already.
Mahwish Asgher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahwish-asgher.html
Latest Review: Orcas Forever by Marie-Paule Mahoney

Post by Mahwish Asgher »

Book sounds interesting and full of joy. Even your review was a delight to read. Kids love having birthday parties and birthday party at zoo cant be anymore exciting.
Adjei Bernard
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adjei Bernard »

Very intresting book,I love children and the book is about them.I am enjoying it.I will organize such a birthday for my little brother.Thank you.
queen anirah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queen-anirah.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by queen anirah »

This is a great book for children. Birthdays are important and anyone should get excited. Thanks for the lovely review

Return to “Children's Books”