Review of The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Re: Review of The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop

Post by Sirajuddin A »

A unique educational book that offers lessons for children and adults to learn about the sense of smell of dogs and other animals.
Kanika Tandon
Currently Reading: Of winners and losers
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanika-tandon.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Kanika Tandon »

wow. Never thought it will come to a day when I would encounter a book on dog poop! I think kids would definitely find the concept funny with dogs smelling poops and finding it enticing. I liked the little titbit about dogs ability to smell better than humans . Very detailed review, I could smell good fun a mile away. Lol. congrats on BOTD.
Cindi Knowles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cindi Knowles »

I used to walk a neighbors Beagle and from the blurb about this book it is spot on. His walks took forever because of exactly the behavior described. I was forever trying to rush him, never worked. The book sounds so cute! My grandsons would love it!
Kebun Bunga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The review of "The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop" provides a thorough and engaging overview of the book's content, style, and target audience. The reviewer praises the book for its unique approach in teaching readers about dogs and their sense of smell. The use of three clever beagles as fictional authors, along with their butler as the real author, adds an entertaining narrative perspective that allows readers to connect with the mischievous beagles. The review highlights the educational value of the book, emphasizing that children can learn not only about dogs but also about other animals.

The reviewer appreciates the accompanying watercolor illustrations by Ros Webb, which vividly depict the animals mentioned in the text. The vocabulary is described as accessible overall, although some more complex words are included to enhance learning. The reviewer particularly praises the author's sense of humor, which makes the reading experience enjoyable. The only suggestion for improvement is to have a larger font size for clarity.

In terms of rating, the reviewer gives the book a perfect score of 4 out of 4 stars. They acknowledge minor editing errors but express overall satisfaction with the book's quality. They also dispel any concerns about the book being gross, highlighting its humorous and educational nature instead. The review recommends the guide primarily for nursery and primary school children but also suggests that parents and teachers who are open-minded will appreciate it.

In summary, the review effectively captures the essence of "The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop," conveying its entertaining and educational value while highlighting its unique approach and engaging illustrations. The feedback is positive, and the review provides valuable insights for potential readers.
Elizabeth McNutt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N)
Currently Reading: The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-mcnutt.html
Latest Review: Fantasy Realms Coloring Book by Carolina Mattos Alvarado and Steven A Ridder
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Elizabeth McNutt »

Going on a sniffari with three beagles and the butler sounds fun, in a learning way. The review is done well and clarifies some who might be squeamish that this book is clean and informative. The title makes the book sound a lot worse! Laughter will reign until the reader learns the winner of the sniffari!
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting children's book about how dogs have a greater sense of smell and follows three beagles and see the world through the eyes of the beagles. It might be worth a second look. Well done.
Nick_presh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nick-presh.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nick_presh »

Today's BOTD is an educational and entertaining children's book about dogs.
It's a great book for dog lovers, as people who don't love dogs might not find it interesting.
What interested me more, was getting to learn about dogs' unique sense of smell.
Congratulations on BOTD
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Sh*t Happens by Gavin L James.
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

It sounds like a very entertaining book for kids, although the more adult words you mentioned may need additional explaining. Not a book for me, but ideal for reading aloud to young ones.
mytkreadingreview
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mytkreadingreview.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott

Post by mytkreadingreview »

Today I know that even though dogs vitality, is just our protection they have something special a human never had. They can smell 10000 to 100000 times more than us. This means God gave human and his animals that special thing we have.
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

This sounds hilarious. Kids will not find this gross at all. I am sure they will enjoy the illustrations as well. Thanks for your review!
TebogoM
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-baloyi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by TebogoM »

I love dogs I think I will recommend the book to myself and young ones.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

What a title! I would have skipped this book just by the title but this review is giving me a rethink. I might read it on a long day.
Wayne Njoroge
Favorite Book: The Dark Web Murders
Currently Reading: Bloody Redemption
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wayne-njoroge.html
Latest Review: Because He Loved Us by Sharon Williams

Post by Wayne Njoroge »

A book that appears fun and educative for young children.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

Mr Jackson seems to love these three clever beagles so much. I really like the fun facts about dogs listed in this book. Every dog lover will enjoy reading this book!
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Anna_Hernandez
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: American Dirt
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-hernandez.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Anna_Hernandez »

This book sounds incredibly preposterous. The title itself entices you with the allure of venturing into the realms of obscurity. I appreciate the mention of the gross factor; it's an aspect I would prefer to avoid even when reading to kids. Loved the review!

Return to “Children's Books”