Review of Sockboy The Halloween Special

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Review of Sockboy The Halloween Special

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sockboy The Halloween Special" by Karl "Ultrakarl" Cottle.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What would I wear for Halloween, Sockboy thought? Various costumes were right there in front of him, but he didn't know how to make up his mind. Halloween is always fun, and he planned to make this year's own fun-filled. Dressed in his superhero costume, he ran off, leaping through pumpkins with a bright smile on his face. In a matter of seconds, his candy bag was filled. Suddenly, he saw a child lying down who had been robbed of his candy by some bullies. His superhero instincts kicked in, and he wanted to get the bullies. Looking at those bullies, he just saw kids who were also vulnerable and tried to hide it. How will our superhero end this cycle of abuse? 

Sockboy The Halloween Special by Karl "Ultrakarl" Cottle is the second book in this fantastic series that will always highlight an essential theme for every child reading this book to learn. Compassion was the primary theme in this book.

I fell in love with Karl's writing style after reading the first book in this series, The Adventure of Sockboy. What I love most about the series is that it has a way of highlighting things about life in the most approachable manner. The moral lessons it contains can go a long way in culturing the lifestyle of any child who stumbles across this, even when they turn adults. With a great storyline and moral lessons, this book will stand the test of time.

In my opinion, this is the standard a children's book should have. After reading his first book, I knew that the author's finesse in writing was never in doubt. The book was well illustrated, with good diagrams that showed what the author had in mind. I can't wait to read the third book in this series, Sockboy in Space. The book was void of any errors, which makes me believe it was exceptionally well edited. I didn't see anything that would make me reduce the rating of this book from a 4 out of 4.

This book is something I would recommend to every child out there. Children who are fans of Halloween night would enjoy it more. 

Sockboy The Halloween Special
View: on Bookshelves
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

From the book title, I could already tell that this book is going to be an amazing read.for children. I love that it contains a lot of moral lessons for children. Nice review.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

Your review was beautiful. I already love the character of Sockboy, he is portrayed as passionate and caring in looking to end the bullies.
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

The morals contained in this book is what I love the most. Children are at a stage in their lives where what they see or hear influences their future and this book made sure to give morals to its readers.
George Baker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-baker.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by George Baker »

The book's cover already conveys how wonderful and entertaining it will be for kids. A wonderful review.
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

It is a very interesting book I believe my kids will love it.
Bri Denzel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri-denzel.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Bri Denzel »

I'd really love to know how this superhero ended this circle of abuse. Great review.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

Nice review, I love howith that u review captured the main part of the story. Would definatelyou be reading this book ASAP.
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

This was a nice review and good for kids. I would love and recommend this book for kids to, it will really help educate them. Love this book cover, it was so attractive.
Charles Jeremiah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-jeremiah.html
Latest Review: Now I See by Sandra Leon Gonzalez

Post by Charles Jeremiah »

It easily came to me as a children's book as I began your review. The cover doesn't really let one know that it is a children's book. This book really seems interesting, even for older individuals. Nice review.
lilianchikasi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianchikasi.html
Latest Review: From A Whore to a Whousewife by Felicia Cobbs

Post by lilianchikasi »

I love reading children's books, especially the ones with a lot of lessons to be learned and this seems like one. This is a nice review. It really piqued my interest and I would love to try out this book.
readingswithsoso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingswithsoso.html
Latest Review: The Prophecy of the Heron by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by readingswithsoso »

Thank you for the lovely review. I got curious by the title and your review just confirmed my interest. I think my kid could love this book. Added to the Want to Read Shelves :techie-studyinggray:
Ronky279
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronky279.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ronky279 »

Amazing review. You gave a clear review of what the book entails. Nice one
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

Sock boy sounds very interesting. He also has good qualities. Children who read this book will learn a lot from him. Good review
Okorji98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okorji98.html
Latest Review: The Reason Under fire by Abdulmouti Souwed

Post by Okorji98 »

Sockboy The Halloween Special by Karl "Ultrakarl" Cottle is the second book in this fantastic series that will always highlight an essential theme for every child reading this book to learn. Great review.

Return to “Children's Books”