Review of Pre-K Learns Their Vowels

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Judy_Akha
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-akha.html
Latest Review: The Dragon Who Would Be King by Anne Peters

Review of Pre-K Learns Their Vowels

Post by Judy_Akha »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pre-K Learns Their Vowels" by Jamarra J Mota.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Vowels are the notes you sing in words and are the basis of all language. When pronouncing consonants, children understand that they should make particular sounds with their tongue, teeth, and lips; nevertheless, when it comes to vowels, you must adjust the shape of your mouth. That is why vowels are typically more difficult to learn.

Pre-K Learns Their Vowels by Jamarra J Mota is a children's book that seeks to make kids enthused about vowels. The author is a lead Pre-K teacher and knows the most useful ways to help children learn vowels.

The alphabet is written at the beginning of the book, with the vowels separated by vibrant colors. This is a great way to assist the young reader in remembering vowels and their position in the alphabet. Another key part is learning through singing, and this book does a great job of providing it. There are easy melodies for each vowel that children will enjoy and remember. Furthermore, each vowel comes with a vivid illustration that will make it much easier for youngsters to absorb the information provided. The book also contains questions that you can use to test the child's knowledge.

The least appealing aspect was that the illustration on the cover was repeated on almost every page. I think it was unnecessary and made the design of the book monotonous. Furthermore, there is a large variety of books with comparable content, and to compete, a book must have something that distinguishes it. I wish Pre-K Learns Their Vowels had more colorful and amusing illustrations. Moreover, the songs had remarkably similar content (about sounds), which quickly bores children.

All things considered; I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The writer loves children and is enthusiastic about them, which is admirable. The book's illustrations are nice, but I wish they were more vibrant and diverse. This is a really well-edited book since I did not notice any errors. I recommend this book to parents and teachers who want to teach their children the alphabet smoothly and with fun.

Pre-K Learns Their Vowels
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Children's Books”