Review of EYE AM By Joshua Seldon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Re: Review of EYE AM By Joshua Seldon

Post by Damian Keyes »

Every parent should go out and buy this book for their child. It's important to teach children at a young age that they are loved and an essential part of what makes this world amazing. Congrats to the author for creating a necessary children's book.
Nancy Allee
Favorite Book: The Last Green Valley
Currently Reading: Righteous Fury
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Nancy Allee »

I’m not quite sure what age group Eye Am was intended for? It was cute using the “Eye” in place of “I”, but it led to confusion in a lot of the text. I’m an adult and I found it hard to follow most of the time. But I appreciate that the author wrote this book as a self healing for dealing with the pain of losing his wife. The questions are good questions to have discussion’s with your child. I’m just not sure that the storyline quite makes sense with it?
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

A book that impacts confidence in children by reminding them of how loved they are sounds like a must-read for all kids as they prepare to join adulthood.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Kebun Bunga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Kebun Bunga »

This review of "EYE AM" by Joshua Seldon highlights the book's inspirational and motivational aspects, emphasizing its ability to empower and instill confidence in children. The reviewer appreciates the book's focus on self-worth, love, and strength, encouraging children to believe in themselves and reach their full potential. They also commend the inclusion of affirmations and interactive sections, which aid in practicing and solidifying the concepts discussed.

The reviewer acknowledges the visual appeal of the book, praising the beautiful and colorful pictures and diagrams that capture the attention of young readers. They also appreciate the concise nature of the book, recognizing that it caters to children's shorter attention spans by avoiding unnecessary length and focusing on key points. Additionally, the reviewer mentions the potential for learning morals from the book, further enhancing its value.

However, the reviewer raises a valid concern regarding certain vocabulary choices that may be challenging for young readers to understand without adult guidance. They suggest the inclusion of a glossary to assist children in comprehending these words. While acknowledging the creativity of replacing "I" with "EYE," they caution that without proper guidance, children might assume this usage is the norm.

Overall, the reviewer rates the book 4 out of 4 stars, noting its lack of errors and exceptional editing. They recommend "EYE AM" for children aged 4 to 8, emphasizing its potential to foster a positive mindset. In conclusion, the review presents a balanced assessment of the book, highlighting its strengths while providing constructive feedback to further enhance its accessibility to young readers.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting children’s book designed to teach kids that they are unique and loved. It might be worth a second look especially for parents with young children. Well done.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

The practical lessons discussed in this inspirational book seem motivational, and they seem to play an important role in the development of a child's psychology to live a successful life.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

Both children and adults will benefit from this book as it teaches confidence. I think it's a good way to boost a child's self esteem from a very young age.
Elizabeth McNutt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N)
Currently Reading: The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-mcnutt.html
Latest Review: Fantasy Realms Coloring Book by Carolina Mattos Alvarado and Steven A Ridder
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Elizabeth McNutt »

In this empowering children's book, the reviewer brought out the empowering and moral teaching available. It also lets a child know they are loved. Every child needs this book read to them and available when they are ready to read it on their own. Excellent review for one of the series.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Originally I thought that I won't read this book but I have changed my mind. This will be a great book to read to my nieces and nephews for sure. In today's day and age it's important for children to have confidence. Bulling at school get worse by the day and if they confident it hopefully won't affect them as much. Thanks for a wonderful review.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This sounds like a positive and encouraging book for readers ages 4-8 years old. I haven’t seen many books with the sole purpose of boosting a child’s confidence and teaching them affirmations. I might have done well to have something like this when I was this age; it might have helped me to avoid some of the self-confidence issues that I’m having now. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Stephen Christopher 1
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Sh*t Happens by Gavin L James.
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

As someone who spends my days correcting grammar, it was hard for me to read 'eye' for 'I' on every page. I do however think this is an excellent book for young children, and like you I agree that the worksheets at the end of each section encourage the child to take an active part in the book.
Melissa Walker 3
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Melissa Walker 3 »

The review on this childrens book is wonderful. It captures the potential readers attention. The review also gives a perfect description of the contents, along with the age group associated with the book. Wonderful Review!
Prince Ekeoma
Currently Reading: The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Prince Ekeoma »

"EYE AM By Joshua Seldon". A very inspiring and motivated book for children, this book as a child growing up, it gives strength, wisdom, and a way forward. Children needs to know how loved they can be to themselves. Children are to have confidence in themselves and to know that they are unique and are made for a purpose in life. Congrats on your #BOTD.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Growing up knowing you are loved is a great thing. This will minimize occurrence of some mental illness and self esteem issues. It will also be able to solidify friendships and families. This is a good book for children. I love the creative title too.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Anna_Hernandez
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: American Dirt
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-hernandez.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Anna_Hernandez »

I think you made a good point, after reading through the book I can see how an adult would be very helpful to any child in the targeted age group so that they can not only understand the terms but also realize the play on words. Nonetheless, this seems like a great resource to teach children just how great they are, especially if they are having confidence issues. Thank you for the review!

Return to “Children's Books”