Review of The Weirdest Halloween Ever

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Review of The Weirdest Halloween Ever

Post by Bef Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Weirdest Halloween Ever" by Mark Allen Reuter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It is 2020. The year of the deadly virus that has forced everyone into their houses. There was no football. There were no gatherings or holiday celebrations. Everyone was scared of catching the virus, but Aiden and Aspen would not allow anything to ruin their Halloween trick-or-treating. They dressed with Aiden in his fortnight character suit and Aspen in his football player kit. They left their house and headed into the lonely streets for trick or treating. How did this lonely Halloween go?

Everyone knows how devastating the pandemic was in 2020. It caused unwanted fear and panic in the world. I loved that the people in the neighborhood of Aiden and Aspen still found a way to celebrate their Halloween. I can imagine how disappointed they would have felt if that day had turned out badly for them. I also liked that Aiden and Aspen were very hopeful. They did not turn to go back home when they came across empty and dark lonely streets. While it was the weirdest Halloween celebration they had ever witnessed, they went home happy. This book was written in the form of a narrative poem. The rhyming was perfect and outstandingly creative.

This book, The Weirdest Halloween Ever by Mark Allen Reuter, would be enjoyed the most when read out by an experienced storyteller who knows how to raise the tones and when to drop them. The introduction of this book gives a suspenseful feel and will attract the attention of every reader. This book was very short to avoid boring children.

This book is said to be a children's book, but nothing else indicates it is a children's book besides the storyline. Children tend to be more attracted to colorful books with elaborate diagrams describing what is being discussed. I hope this book is properly organized and enhanced to children's taste before being put out in the market.

I will give this book a full rating because of the message of hope it preached even when the world was at its lowest point. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book was exceptionally edited and void of errors. I recommend this book to children between the ages of 8 and 11. A teacher can read it to their students during school hours.

The Weirdest Halloween Ever
View: on Bookshelves
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Even in the face of doubt and uncertainty we must still be courageous and happy and I am glad the people in Aiden and Aspen did this. Thank God the disease is now reduced but that year Halloween wil always be memorable to them. Welldone on a review well written
Larabs Josh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-michael.html
Latest Review: The Aglaril Cycle by Rich Feitelberg

Post by Larabs Josh »

Halloween is currently going on and it's fascinating I get to see a review that touched on that. However, being restricted at home was a point in our lives where we understand the importance of social bonding.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

I admire how these children were bold enough to face their fears, despite the pandemic ravaging the world. This book would give its reader hope that no matter what happens, things would always get better. Great review!
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

If not for the going back home happy part, I'll say that this book sounds horrific. It seems that Aiden and Aspen had the best time of their lives and are very adventurous. I am curious as to what they faced outside their home.
Thanks for the invite.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

A narrative poem? interesting! It's good to know that there were events 2020 covid 19 didn't spoil. I'll like to read about their experience. Great review.
Anthony Ekemezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

From the book's title, I can already guess that it is quite an interesting read. I believe children would enjoy reading it a lot. Nice review.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

Based on your excellent review, this appears to be a must-read for all children and people who enjoy children's books. The plot sounds interesting, with exciting scenes to participate in. This book is fantastic.

Return to “Children's Books”