Review of The Forgiveness Chair

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Review of The Forgiveness Chair

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Forgiveness Chair" by J. Robert Legreca.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Forgiveness Chair by J. Robert Legreca is a children's book with a message of forgiveness. Some kids hold grudges for a while, particularly against their siblings. They don't know how to effectively manage their own emotions yet. This is a self-help book for kids dealing with forgiveness.

Sofia and Stella were siblings. They played together, but sometimes Sofia wanted to be alone. She noticed that her younger sister kept on tagging along with her. She was annoyed when Stella ruined her household chores. When their mother observed the sisters' conflict, their mother told Sofia an important family secret. Will Sofia forgive her sister by following her mother's suggestion? Grab a copy now and find the answer in this 32-page children's book.

The first thing I like about this children's tale is the length of time when reading it. In less than ten minutes, you are able to relay the message to your kids. It has good picture quality, and the images are quite beautiful with a stunning choice of colors. Readers will notice the blending of colors that fit the young minds. Even my fourteen-month old daughter gleefully watches the colors in this book. It has a good point on showing kindness and how to value the family's bonding time. However, the book doesn't have any introduction, which is my least favorite.

The book has unique features and a message for children, which makes it deserving of a 4 out of 4 stars rating. The book is exceptionally well-edited because I didn't notice a single error. Plus, the target audience will enjoy this book. In terms of the message, the story will help children overcome hatred, discouragement, and jealousy. Children will understand how to value their siblings and how to obey their parents. Moreover, it has an excellent topic about family, acceptance, and forgiveness. Older siblings (at a young age) will understand how to care for their little brother or sister.

I recommend this book to parents who still have children and those who like a good story before bedtime for their kids. Anyone who enjoys reading a children's tale (like me) will love this book. Those who teach, particularly in kindergarten, will find this book valuable in helping the children understand forgiveness. This book isn't limited to young minds because the theme is also a reminder to adults. Is it easy to forgive? Is forgiveness necessary? The simple message in this book has a great impact on older audiences, too.

The Forgiveness Chair
View: on Bookshelves
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
ELSETH MAEVE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elseth-maeve.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by ELSETH MAEVE »

Indeed, this story is a good read for children. Thanks for the review. I also think that such values are necessary and should be taught to our children.
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

You gave a stunning review. Is there any part that you particularly enjoyed? Although my son is an only child, I think this might be a good bedtime story.
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

This would definitely make a nice bedtime story for youngsters, and I'm thinking of putting it on my brother's daughter's shelf.

Return to “Children's Books”