Review of A Mother's Love: Sleep Tight My Darlings

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Review of A Mother's Love: Sleep Tight My Darlings

Post by Judy O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Mother's Love: Sleep Tight My Darlings" by MiaLisa McFarland Millares.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What better way to usher children to sleep than to tell them the beauty and importance of parenting? The extent of parental love can never be overemphasized. It takes on different shapes, morphing into the impending necessity of the child it encompasses. Where the child is cold, it brings warmth; where the child is scared, it brings courage. This continues in various aspects of their lives. This book centers on motherhood. Motherhood is undoubtedly no easy task; it is an essential one.

A Mother's Love: Sleep Tight My Darlings by MiaLisa McFarland Millares is a book highlighting the various forms a mother's love may take for her offspring. Sometimes, it is bouncy as a kangaroo, strong as a mother bear, fierce as a lioness, or warm as a mother duck. As we read on, we also see other instances a mother's love may take.

When I began this book, I didn't know what to expect; however, I was not disappointed in the end. The writing style of this book was unlike anything I'd read before. The author employed figures of speech, like similes and rhymes, to create a poem-like continuity in the book. The illustrations, as well, helped buttress each point. For instance, when the author mentioned her love was fierce as a lion, the illustrations never failed to show a lioness protecting her offspring. This would go a long way in helping children understand each point being addressed in the book.

I did not dislike anything from reading this book; I was somewhat satisfied. This book has a lot of lessons to impart to children who it is read or who pick it up. The author gives a small list of little tasks parents who read this book to their children can engage in; I believe that to be a good idea. I did not encounter any errors, which implies that this book was exceptionally well-edited.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, mainly for the positive reasons listed above. It is an informative and engaging read for children. I recommend it to children between the ages of 4 and 10. Parents in search of a bedtime story can also pick this up.

A Mother's Love: Sleep Tight My Darlings
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

What a wonderful review. I think this book will make a great addition to our bedtime library. Thank you.
Opara Jerry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opara-jerry.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Opara Jerry »

That’s interesting. Sharing the deepest meaning of a mother's love through this book is something I believe Will be beneficial to children in the long run. Recommend this one to fathers and mothers.
Wash William
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wash-william.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Wash William »

Ladies preparing for motherhood have a special gift in this book. I can't wait to read this book. Wish parents could have a copy for their home. Thanks for the review it had a very captivating start.
Philosopher2022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philosopher2022.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Philosopher2022 »

This seem to be a very interesting bedtime book for kids. I love your review of this book although I have not read it yet. The title of this book is lovely. Nice review
Amandaruth Ama
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

You have given an amazing review! I have no doubt that this book will be awesome as the author employed figures of speech in the book. I love how you have analysed this review in great detail. Great job!
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

I'm not a big fan of children's books, but this one looks interesting. I liked how you kept your review brief and to the point. There were no spoilers and they were well written.
Elendu Clement Ekechukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Elendu Clement Ekechukwu »

Motherhood like you said isn't easy but it is necessary. What a good theme for a children's book. I would love to pick this up.and read.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

I always love it when children's books try to impart useful lessons to children, and this one does just that. The figures of speech employed will also make reading easier and also add to the overall reading experience for kids. Great review.
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

I agree with you, there's truly nothing greater than parental love. It is pure and everlasting. This book also contains great lessons that children can learn from. Great review.
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

Children's books always fascinated me and this one is no an exception. Bedtime stories are my best, and your review is a great one.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

There's nothing to beat a mother's love. It's always unconditional. (I love you, Mama) even if you don't read it. This book is so special. The story of a mother's love, and how it describes in other situations seems interesting. I hope to grab a copy of this book for my niece. Thanks for your great review!
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

A Mother's Love: Sleep Tight My Darlings by MiaLisa McFarland Millare is a book that reminds of a little child that loves to be a mama.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

Becoming a mother is a life-changing event and I am all for books that try and bridge the gap in understanding between mother and child. The more we can understand each other, the more settled our children will be as they grow up.

Return to “Children's Books”