Review of Oliver the Oyster and the Pearl Gifts

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of Oliver the Oyster and the Pearl Gifts

Post by Nicholas Bush »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Oliver the Oyster and the Pearl Gifts" by J.B. Auchter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There are times in life when we need true friends who will stick by our side while we are going through a difficult time. These friends are extremely hard to find. Oliver the Oyster and the Pearl Gifts by J.B. Auchter is a good read, in my opinion, for kids and adults who enjoy well-written children's stories because of the powerful lessons it teaches.

Oliver the Oyster awoke one evening from his bed at his residence on the mudflats of Mayo Beach abruptly, feeling as though something was lodged in the back of his shell. When he told his friend Cathy the crab about it, Cathy, though not knowing what it was, suggested they go see a very old and wise lobster named Larry, who lives in the deepest part of the bay, and see if he could help. On their way to Larry's place, they met a mermaid named Miriah, who also joined them in search of Larry's place. Would Larry be able to help Oliver? Read this book to find out.

This book offers far too many lessons to absorb. I nearly finished the book in a single sitting because of how captivating the plot is. The one lesson in this book that really stuck with me is the tremendous friendship sacrifice that Cathy and Miriah showed. Oliver remained perched atop Cathy's back the entire time they were searching for Larry. I also learned many other things from this book, including the various types of tides and the value of oysters to the ecosystem.

I had no idea this book would have such an influence on me when I decided to read it. Even though this is a children's book, it has several advantages that adults and teenagers alike would find useful. The storyline was well-developed, the characters were accurately portrayed, and the author's writing style was excellent. The author's use of simple pictorial diagrams in this book is another unique feature that adds to its delight.

I couldn't find anything wrong with the book, so I couldn't dislike it in any way. This book was carefully edited because I was unable to detect any typos or grammatical mistakes. In light of this, I would rate this book four out of four stars. I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy children's stories; children ages 7 and older; and anyone who wants to learn more about friendship, tides, oysters, teamwork, and sacrifice.

Oliver the Oyster and the Pearl Gifts
View: on Bookshelves
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

You wrote a lovely review. What was your favorite part of the book? Why do you suggest 7 and older?
Sarah tianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tianna.html
Latest Review: Reverse Chronic Kidney Disease by Yaw A. Boateng

Post by Sarah tianna »

Sincerely, all the lessons learned as stated in the review are amazing. I look forward to reading this book. The book cover is another amazing feature. Mindblowing review.
Gift Chidex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 224
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gift-chidex.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Gift Chidex »

This is absolutely quite interesting. I love the plot of this book. Even though it's a children's book, I will love to read and review this book too. Nice review, kudos
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

Honestly, true friends who stick around during hard times are indispensable. I think this is a subject that can never be outdated. Captivating review. I look forward to reading this book.
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

The summary doesn’t really show what the lesson to be picked might be but I’m sure it’s meaningful nonetheless. It is great that the book was well edited and well written. Thanks for the review.
Mercy Sos Christopher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos-christopher.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mercy Sos Christopher »

Sadly, good friends are very hard to come by🥺. It is a children's book and I love children's books 🥰🥰🥰. The lessons you included in your review are wonderful. I will definitely read this book soon. Thanks for the review 👍👍
Lisa Park17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-park17.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Lisa Park17 »

I'm intrigued and fascinated by the storyline. I'm an enthusiasts of children novels and as such, I'm drawn towards this one. I love the lessons incorporated into the book, and I'm happy you included some in your review. Well done.
Pretty Nicholas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pretty-nicholas.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Pretty Nicholas »

Well, this book is one that everyone should read. It's educative and captivating. It is no doubt that the author took his time to put this wonderful idea to paper. Great review.
Hannah332
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah332.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Hannah332 »

I learned a whole lot from this review. It explains that it's educating and intriguing. I will really love to commend the author's ability to put his ideas into writing. Great review. Kudos.
Christy Zinny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christy-zinny.html
Latest Review: "LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND" by Peter Simon Karp

Post by Christy Zinny »

This is an amazing book. I love the fact that the book is well-detailed and suspenseful. The book cover is also captivating. Mind-blowing review.
Peter In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-in.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Peter In »

I am amazed at the wealth of knowledge embedded in this book. It is certain that this book is mindblowing and educational. I also love the cover of this book. Great review.
Chika Eleanor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-eleanor.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Chika Eleanor »

The entire storyline seems intriguing and captivating. The book is also well-detailed and suspenseful. Amazing review. Kudos.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

Just like they say that a friend in need is a friend indeed. This implies that anyone who is regarded as a friend that stays or is available in trying periods is a true friend.
Gift Chidex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 224
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gift-chidex.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Gift Chidex »

Who wouldn't want a true friend by their side? I would love to read this book for myself and also for my kids. Nice review, I have read so many if your review, and I must say u are doing a great job. Keep it up.

Return to “Children's Books”