Review of Buckley is a Busy Boy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amandaruth Ama
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Review of Buckley is a Busy Boy

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Buckley is a Busy Boy" by Susan H Hines.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Buckley is a Standard Schnauzer who loves to sleep with his toy. He is a very enthusiastic dog who loves to play outside. He is so excited about playing that he rushes his food. But Mom tells him to slow down. After all, he has all day to play outside. He is a very happy Standard Schnauzer who loves his mom and dad.

There are some positive aspects of the book Buckley is a Busy Boy by Susan H. Hines, which I took note of. These positive aspects made me enjoy reading it. First, I love the gentle sound of the author's writing style. The way each line kind of rhymes with the next is lovely and pleasing to the ear. The flow is very easy and makes the reader anticipate what next Buckley could be up to. Buckley is a Busy Boy by Susan H. Hines could easily become children's best book, and it will be easy for them to read and recite it.

Furthermore, the colorful images present in this book are absolutely adorable. These colorful pictures will be a crucial element in drawing in the intended audience. The pictures alone are descriptive. Children can even play a guessing game with it, like guessing what Buckley is up to on each page. I also love the font that the author used. It's so child-friendly and beautiful.

There was absolutely nothing I disliked about Buckley is a Busy Boy by Susan H. Hines. It has beautiful graphical representations and flows easily. Buckley is a lively and lovely pet that is always enthusiastic about starting the day. Therefore, I am rating the book 5 out of 5 stars.

I noticed a few minor errors while reading this book. Finally, I would recommend Buckley is a Busy Boy by Susan H. Hines to children who are five years old and above. They would really enjoy reading it.

Buckley is a Busy Boy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mercy Sos Christopher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos-christopher.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mercy Sos Christopher »

Buckley is a busy boy by Susan H. Hines, is a cute and interesting story, it gives you a vision into the day and life of a real dog with a great personality. The illustration is bright and beautiful and I had fun reading it to my cousin, we both enjoyed it. Thanks for the review ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

This is a cute and engaging narrative that takes you inside the day and lives of a real dog with wonderful personality. I enjoyed how the author made it simple for youngsters to imagine the scene as they read.
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

Buckley is a Busy Boy by Susan H Hines has an interesting storyline for children. Children who have pets and love to play with their pets will want to read it. I would also love it read it myself as I am a lover of children's books.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I love reading children's books and Buckley is a Busy Boy by Susan H. Hines has caught my eye. I would love to find out about this Standard Schnauzer and his toy. I would also like to find out if he likes playing fetch. Thank you for this detailed review. I enjoyed reading it.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

Buckley is a Busy Boy by Susan H. Hines is a good story for children. The pictures present makes it suitable for the enjoyment of children. I would love to read this book for myself. I loved reading your review! Your summary of this book was very well written and your points were so on point. Great job!
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

From your review, it can be seen that Buckley is a respectful dog. This would teach children the importance of obedience. I enjoy reading children's book due to its conciseness. Interesting review.
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

This children's book sounds interesting. The Standard Schnauzer looks and sounds like a pet I would love to have have. The pictures present in the book is sufficient for children to read and enjoy the book.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

One of the things I find appealing in this book is the book's cover. It's aesthetic to the eyes. A storyline about a dog would be fun to read. Your analysis of the book is excellently done.
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

I love this book but I think it's best for children. The book has a lot of fun. I also love the character development. Kudos to your review.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

Buckley, the Standard Schnauzer must really love playing. I don't know much about Standard Schnauzers, is there some information about them in the book? Your review is well written and interesting to read by the way. Good job!
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

This review is well-written and provides plenty of helpful information for potential readers, including the book's positive aspects, minor issues, and target audience. I would definitely consider picking up this book based on the reviewer's glowing comments, and I appreciate the time and effort they put into writing such a thoughtful review.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

Thank you for such an insightful review of Buckley is a Busy Boy by Susan H. Hines! I really appreciate your attention to detail when discussing the author's writing style and flow. It's great to hear that the colorful images in the book are adorable and descriptive, making it a fantastic choice for children.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html

Post by Samuel Songs »

I completely agree that the font used in the book is very child-friendly and visually appealing.
It's wonderful to hear that there was nothing about the book that you disliked - that's high praise indeed!
Your rating of the book as 5 out of 5 stars speaks volumes about its quality.
Thank you for pointing out the minor errors you noticed while reading - it's always helpful to know about these things.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

It's always great to find a book that you enjoy reading from start to finish. Your review has definitely convinced me that Buckley is a Busy Boy by Susan H. Hines is worth picking up. I love how you've described Buckley as a very happy Standard Schnauzer - it makes me smile! I commend you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and well-written review. Your enthusiasm for Buckley is a Busy Boy by Susan H. Hines is infectious.

Return to โ€œChildren's Booksโ€