Review of Kitchen Science Experiments for Kids

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oluoma Chukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-chukwu.html
Latest Review: Lady Justice and The Company by Maury Berthon

Review of Kitchen Science Experiments for Kids

Post by Oluoma Chukwu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Kitchen Science Experiments for Kids" by ABC Press.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Kitchen Science Experiments for Kids is a forty-five pages children's book by ABC Press. It was illustrated by Lea Denise Potts. The book starts by introducing the would-be reading child to safety practices scientists observe. Also, it encourages and teaches the children to ask a lot of questions, create a hypothesis, design an experiment, and so on. Most importantly, it teaches the would-be reading child to have an adult by their side. As the book progresses, the child is faced with helping Cece, the only character in the book, with a lot of fun experiments.

There are numerous things to like about this book. I like the way the book introduces new words. This would help children learn the meaning of these scientific terms and also understand the processes of the experiment. For instance, a general definition of the experiment is given, then words related to that experiment are introduced and explained. The children will learn words like viscosity, fluoresce, crystallisation, and so on.

Also, I like how simplified this book is. It makes the concept of science and experiments look like a lot of fun while also encouraging the need for safety and guidance by an adult. I like that there is a page for the children to write their observations and even the results of their experiments. These experiments are easy to do, but they will expose the children to new things. Children will enjoy creating things like jiggling jelly, invisible ink wraps, color-changing cabbage, popping popcorn, and so on. Finally, I like how the subject of the experiment is explained at the beginning of each new experiment.

Since there is nothing to dislike about this book, this book gets a 5 out of 5 from me. I love the illustrations in this book. It will keep any child focused and interested in the book; children love colors, and this book was illustrated in a way that will appeal to them. This book was also exceptionally well edited. There were no grammatical errors, which is nice since it is designed to help children learn new scientific words.

This book is obviously going to be recommended to children. But for safety reasons, I would specifically recommend it to children at least five years old. Parents looking to spend some time doing something fun with their curious young child will also enjoy the contents of this book.

Kitchen Science Experiments for Kids
View: on Bookshelves
Savina Visintin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Savina Visintin »

What a great review! I believe children will be delighted by this book and start making experiments right away. Thank you very much!
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

I enjoy reading educational children's books. And I usually read it to my younger cousins, so I'll surely add this to my library. Thank you for your feedback.
Mercy Sos Christopher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos-christopher.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mercy Sos Christopher »

Awwww sounds like a cute book for children. I love your review each new sentence made me smile. Thanks for the review
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

This sounds like an educative and fun book for children. One that I might even check out myself. It appears to have simplified scientific concepts into concepts that can be easily understood by children. Thank you for the review.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

It is quite funny that I do not know how to create some of the things listed above. I think it would be fun doing this with the children in my household. Thank you so much for the review. I look forward to getting this book.

Return to “Children's Books”