Review of I Wonder Why It's Christmas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Re: Review of I Wonder Why It's Christmas

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola is an interesting book about Christmas for children. It explains why we celebrate Christmas and how it all started. This should be an educational book for children.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

Personally, I think the questions that the author occasionally asked will help the readers ( especially children) really learn the story of Christmas. I love that the author thought it right to tell the story of Christmas to children. Good one.
Mara Joe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mara-joe.html
Latest Review: Bonnie’s Adventures in a Storybook World by Kristie Schubert

Post by Mara Joe »

This Christmas story is one that many kids will be excited to read. I see that the author wanted to explain to children how Christmas came to be. I also appreciated your analysis of the characters and themes. It's clear that you really thought about the book and had some insightful things to say.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

This is one Christmas book I would love to read! Your review was so helpful! I really appreciated the way you summarized the main points of the book and provided your own thoughts and opinions. The way the author structured the book will help children learn a lot from it.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

It's refreshing to see a book that focuses on the true meaning of Christmas, rather than just the commercial aspects. The fact that the book is well-edited and error-free is definitely a testament to the author's skill and attention to detail.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

I think this book would make a great addition to any family's Christmas traditions. The book seems like it would be a great resource for parents or educators looking to teach children about the significance of Christmas.
Sly Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sly-thompson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sly Thompson »

I appreciate that the author made the story accessible and easy to understand for young children. The book's positive message is something that children can carry with them throughout their lives.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

Thank you for sharing such a detailed and thoughtful review of this children's book!
It's great to see a children's book that combines education and entertainment so seamlessly. I appreciate how the author used Bible verses to support the story and message.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Penticore Prime by M.D. Chevalier

Post by Salome Ogani »

The book's focus on salvation through Jesus Christ is an important message for children to learn and understand. It's great to see a book that values education and encourages children to explore and learn about the world around them.
Anu Anand
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Anu Anand »

This book beautifully tells the story of Christmas in a way that kids can understand. With engaging pictures and thoughtful questions, it helps children grasp the meaning of the season and why we celebrate it. Perfect for young readers! Congrats on BOTD!
Jide Bolarinwa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jide Bolarinwa »

Celebrating Christmas annually is one of the questions asked by my nephew. Amidst those questions, is the innocence and curiosity to know why 25th of December was chosen to celebrate. I don't mind grabbing a copy for my nephew. Great review
Singh Wolf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-wolf.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by Singh Wolf »

This is a heartwarming review of the children's book "I Wonder Why It's Christmas" by Esther Ekunola. The reviewer praises the book for its engaging storytelling, beautiful illustrations, and biblical accuracy. They also appreciate the interactive questions that encourage children to actively participate in the story. The reviewer highly recommends this book for children over four, stating that it will help them understand the true meaning of Christmas and the importance of salvation through Jesus Christ. Overall, a wonderful review that captures the essence of this delightful children's book.
Ekassiba Ochuku
Currently Reading: Journeying with God in the Wilderness: A 40 Day Lent Devotional Through the Book of Numbers
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekassiba-ochuku.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Ekassiba Ochuku »

The book's content seems to be very educative. The detailed knowledge and understanding of Salvation got through Jesus Christ is an important information for children. The book has educative values and instills good morals to children. Thank you for a great review
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I love the innocence of the question how Mary can give birth to a baby boy without being married. As a non-practicing Christian, I am happy to see books aimed at children explaining the reason for the season of Christmas (love the flow of words so shamelessly copying them over from the reviewer).
Fatola Fatai
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatola-fatai.html
Latest Review: The Three Heavens by Paul Hitchiner

Post by Fatola Fatai »

The book captured the inquisitive nature of children and their curiosity about the world around them, setting the perfect context for a book that aims to answer one of their questions about the origins of Christmas.

Return to “Children's Books”