Review of I Wonder Why It's Christmas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sakshi A Soni
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-a-soni.html
Latest Review: A Curate in Love by Richard Hughes

Re: Review of I Wonder Why It's Christmas

Post by Sakshi A Soni »

s a reviewer, I found "I Wonder Why It's Christmas" by Esther Ekunola to be a delightful journey through the origins of the beloved holiday. The author skillfully weaves together the timeless story of Mary and the birth of Jesus, captivating young readers with vivid imagery and engaging narration. What truly sets this book apart is its incorporation of Bible verses, adding depth and authenticity to the narrative. The inclusion of thought-provoking questions throughout the book not only encourages interaction but also fosters a deeper understanding of the story. I particularly appreciated the beautiful illustrations that complemented the text, enhancing the overall reading experience. "I Wonder Why It's Christmas" is not just a book; it's an educational and heartwarming adventure that both children and adults will cherish. With its seamless blend of storytelling and spiritual insights, this book earns a well-deserved 5-star rating. I wholeheartedly recommend it to young readers seeking to discover the true meaning of Christmas and the boundless love of God.
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 324
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Cracking the Code: The Ultimate Guide to a Real Estate Agents Success by Jerry Adamany

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Who doesn't love Christmas? The book will be perfect for kids to teach them why Christians celebrate the holiday and also entertain them with the illustrations. Unfortunately, I don't read children's books, so I'll skip this book.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

This educative children's book tells the story of Christmas and why we celebrate the holiday. It includes beautiful illustrations, Bible verses, and questions for inquisitive minds. This book would be a lovely addition to the bookshelf of Christian families or anyone who is wondering what Christmas is all about. Thank you for the wonderful book review.
Upasana Vidish Purohit
Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upasana-vidish-purohit.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Upasana Vidish Purohit »

Christmas books are always so fascinating for children, and I am sure this is one of them. They always have so many questions about Christmas and its celebration, and it answers them and explains the reasons. I would love to read it to my daughter. Congratulations on #BOTD!!
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: The Contentment Dilemma by Marcus Hurst

Post by Hy Be »

I Wonder Why It's Christmas is a children's book by Esther Ekunola which narrates the reason behind the celebration of Christmas. The author creatively through use of illustrations and aphorisms showcase the series of birth of Jesus .
bechellibi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bechellibi »

It's always great to have a book like I Wonder Why it's Christmas to help us to answer the children's question. You wrote a complete review about the best things in this beautiful book, thank you
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

"I Wonder Why It's Christmas" by Esther Ekunola is a delightful children's book that explains the origins of Christmas in a captivating and easy-to-understand manner. With beautiful illustrations and engaging storytelling, it narrates the story of Mary, Joseph, and the birth of Jesus, backed by Bible verses.
iqra zain
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by iqra zain »

"I Wonder Why It's Christmas" by Esther Ekunola is a delightful children's book that tell us about the origins of Christmas. It includes beautiful illustrations, Bible verses, and questions for inquisitive minds. This book will help young readers clarify all their doubts pertaining to the celebration of Christmas.They always have so many questions about Christmas and its celebration, and it answers them and explains the reasons.
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

It is a children's book explaining the birth of Jesus and how it came to be. Thank you for your review!
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

I love what I Wonder Why its Christmas centers on. All the troubling questions children might have are answered in a detailed and coherent manner. I'll love to pick up a copy of this compelling book. Your review is well-written.
Joy Kahiko

Post by Joy Kahiko »

I love how it spreads the essence of celebrating Christmas and it's great for the children.
Daydreamer78

Post by Daydreamer78 »

:D It is a beautiful story of how Jesus was born in a way children can understand. The pictures were beautifully put together.
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

Fantastic review. This children's book, which explains life's most fundamental ideas to youngsters in an engaging manner so they can relate, is something I like as a parent. particularly ideas that are tough to describe when it comes to religion.
Himanshu K Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

"I Wonder Why It's Christmas" is a lovely and instructive book about the Christian creed behind the traditional Christmas holiday. It has the characteristic clear explanations, the encouraging message, and vivid illustrations to make it a great favorite of every child's Christmas reading material.
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gladis-ratish-kumar.html
Latest Review: The Tunnel of Litora Falls by Suzanne A Smith

Post by Gladis Ratish Kumar »

The review provided insightful information. It appears the book delves into the significant theme of Christmas celebration. I appreciate the inclusion of illustrations and simple questions, which should enhance children's comprehension. I'm eager to immerse myself in its contents.

Return to “Children's Books”